Ryobi JS550K Jigsaw - Reviews?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris99z71

New User
Chris
So a friend gave me a Black and Decker jigsaw after helping him do a little remodeling in his kitchen. After inspecting it, I'm pretty sure that I'm not going to be satisfied with it in the long run.
Now I'm trying to decide which of Home Depot's jigsaw models I should buy for the upgrade. I know that the Bosch are the best, but honestly, I'm not up to that much cash at the moment.
I "saw" (bad, I know...) this Ryobi and it look halfway descent. Has anybody used this one? Or should I just wait until I'm ready to lay down the cash for the Bosch?
033287131112_4.jpg

The only review that I could find on it was here:
"Budget corded jigsaw.
Woodworker's Journal recommends this top-handled Ryobi jigsaw as a good buy for the money, though it vibrates more and cuts less accurately than more expensive jigsaws. The Ryobi jigsaw has good features, including orbital action and a dust port, as well as tool-free blade changes and bevel adjustments. A scrolling knob is designed to make intricate curves easier. It comes with a two-year warranty. "

Ralrick

New User
Rick
Chris -

I've never used the Ryobi but there was a Dewalt Jigsaw on the Raleigh Craigslist last week that I think he still has for sale. He was asking 1/2 of retail and it was brand new. I bought a palm sander and recip saw from him - I'll try and find the link for you if you're interested.

billha

New User
Bill
Chris,

I have the Ryobi model you mentioned. Bought it about 6 months ago from the BORG. I also upgraded from a small B&D as well. it's definitely a giant improvement over the B&D model I had, but I don't think it will out perform the Bosch. Cost was a big factor for me when I purchased and based on that alone, I feel that I got a good deal w/ the Ryobi. Just my 0.02.

Bill

nelsone

New User
Ed
Chris, I went from an old Craftsman to the Bosch. If I were you I'd wait until you have the cash. I never knew a jigsaw could be a precision tool!

Bryan S

Bryan
Chris I went from an old B&D to the Bosch 1590. What a difference, I agree with nelsone save up untill you have the cash you wont regret it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS