Ryoai DBJ 50 Biscuit Jointer

Status
Not open for further replies.

lwhughes149

New User
Lorraine
Organizing the shop and came across a small biscuit jointer that was given to me by my brother. Does anyone have this jointer and if so would you tell me what size biscuit it uses and what application you have used it for? I tried to find something about it online with no success.

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Lorraine,
I have that model, it is for miniature biscuits, and would have to look in my shop for them so I will have to get back to you tomorrow on that. The biscuits come in small plastic jars app. 2" in dia. and 3+" in ht.. I bought them last at Home depot in NJ three years ago, they probably still carry them. The joiner works great for picture frames and anything else under 1-1/2" in width.

Jimmy:mrgreen:

lwhughes149

New User
Lorraine
I am thinking about the PC jointer that has a faceframe size biscuit 0, this would work great for that. Now to find the biscuits. Would you check to see what size the unit uses? I could order 0 if I needed too. also anyone out the able to find a link where I can download the manual for this jointer? Jimmy, if you will let me know what you can I would appreciate the information. Lorraine

Bigdog72

New User
Geoff
Lorraine,
I have that model, it is for miniature biscuits, and would have to look in my shop for them so I will have to get back to you tomorrow on that. The biscuits come in small plastic jars app. 2" in dia. and 3+" in ht.. I bought them last at Home depot in NJ three years ago, they probably still carry them. The joiner works great for picture frames and anything else under 1-1/2" in width.

Lorraine,

If you are going to drive to Jersey for those bisquits please let me know. You can bring back some real danish!!!

:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Lorraine,

The DBJ50 uses 3 biscuit sizes:

pn#

R1- 7/32" x 5/8" 4600411
R2- 9/32" x 3/4" 4600412
R3- 1/2" x 1" 4600413

I have a manual for the biscuit joiner and could make a copy and mail it to you. Just send me a pm and let me know.

Thank you,

lwhughes149

New User
Lorraine
Ok, I see the R1, R2, and R3 on the tool, how can I relate this to the size I would purchase? If I were to call Sears, what size would I be asking for? I understand that the faceframe jointer by PC has a 0 size. It seems that the size of the tool would dictate that you would use a small biscuit. What I would like to do would be to use this jointer for faceframes. Also, would anyone help me find a link online where I could download a copy of the manual. Jimmy has kindly offered to copy and mail one to me however I am trying to save him the trouble. Lorraine

I am guessing after looking at the sizes, this jointer biscuits would be too small for use in a faceframe. I don't like having anything in the shop that isn't used.

russellellis

New User
Russell
The Sears im working at part time now carries both r1 and r2 regularly. I have seen r3 only once.
If you want i can get the Sears number so you can call around asking who has them.

TBone

Tommy
Senior User
Lorraine,

I have bought those biscuits at Lowe's in Roanoke Rapids also. If I get by there this weekend, I'll check to see if they have any in stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS