Rust-free table saw - Boeshield t-9 and wax testament

Status
Not open for further replies.

kooshball

David
Corporate Member
I don't usually rave about great stuff for no reason but in this case I figured that I would post this here for the benefit of those looking for rust prevention solutions...

Over a year ago I was recommended by folks on this site to apply boeshield t-9 and paste wax to my table saw top to prevent rust. I did exactly that (twice, one month apart) LAST SUMMER and have done nothing since and still rust free! My saw is in a non air-conditioned garage that gets used daily by my wife so it is exposed to the nc humidity but still no rust.

Figured I would pass this along to help those who are struggling with rusty table tops.

Last edited:

Ben325e

New User
Ben
I picked mine up at sears in a packaged set with the boeshield rust remover for $15 or so. My jointer, bandsaws, and drill press are still in great shape, but it hasn't really done a dang thing for my tablesaw. Everyone said that if I used t9 regularly my table saw top would be shiny slick cast iron. Still black granite. :-( no magnetic feather boards for me.... :eusa_booh :dontknow:

ehpoole

Administrator
Ethan
I don't usually rant about great stuff for no reason but in this case I figured that I would post this here for the benefit of those looking for rust prevention solutions.

My English teacher will love me for this (You're welcome Ms. Amy)... but one typically RAVES about good products and services. While one typically RANTS about the unsatisfactory.

Technically one can rant about good service, but in most contexts ranting carries with it a negative connotation. Hence the "Rants & Raves" section in many hometown newspapers.

I bring this up because I had to reread the above twice because I was expecting a complaint (rant) about a product's failure rather than an enthusiastic endorsement (rave) regarding its success. Otherwise, I seem to be in something of a pedantic mood at the moment -- so feel free to ignore me and rant away! :wink_smil

kooshball

David
Corporate Member
My English teacher will love me for this (You're welcome Ms. Amy)... but one typically RAVES about good products and services. While one typically RANTS about the unsatisfactory.

Technically one can rant about good service, but in most contexts ranting carries with it a negative connotation. Hence the "Rants & Raves" section in many hometown newspapers.

I bring this up because I had to reread the above twice because I was expecting a complaint (rant) about a product's failure rather than an enthusiastic endorsement (rave) regarding its success. Otherwise, I seem to be in something of a pedantic mood at the moment -- so feel free to ignore me and rant away! :wink_smil

Good point. I usually put all sorts of random thoughts and conversations into my own "rant" category since I am used to my wife's reaction to them:gar-La;

I guess I have to thank you for ranting about my rave that was trying to look like rant.

manfre

New User
Manfre

Maybe he really wanted rusty tools. Then he would be correctly ranting about the product functioning as advertised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS