Router Table/ Station - Shop Built Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leviblue

Kevin
Corporate Member
After digging through the stuff in the garage, my quest to setup a small wood shop is starting to take shape. :wsmile: I thought I would share one of my projects with this group.

I discovered my router/ shaper station that I built about 15 years ago. It may look familiar as it was built from the Norm plans that my wife bought me one year for Christmas.

I've installed a PC 3hp 1/2" collet select speed router to the underside of the table. The wiring on the switch allows the router to start up and the vacuum to turn on at the same time. There is plenty of bit storage and under cabinet storage on the unit. the fences are setup to allow multi function in-feed and out-feed capabilities. I've used the machine a lot and continue to rely on it for spinning the really large panel bits safely.
IMG_26651.JPG

View image in gallery

IMG_2664.JPG

View image in gallery

IMG_26631.JPG

View image in gallery

IMG_26621.JPG

View image in gallery

IMG_26611.JPG

View image in gallery

RayH

New User
Ray
Good looking workstation, Kevin.

How does the vacuum/dust collection fit in?

I'm looking for something that will catch the mess under my table saw extension router table:help:.

Thanks,
Ray

Leviblue

Kevin
Corporate Member
Thanks Ray.
It's not very clear in the photos but there is a hole in the back of the cabinet where the vac can be connected. This also keeps the vac out of the way.
There is another hole in the dust hood area in the work surface material on top with the fence where the bit sits. Inside the cabinet behind the router is a panel with a gap at the bottom - seen in the photo. The hole in the back creates a vacuum force that pulls the chips from the cutter head and any that falls in with the router gets pulled through the gap and into the collection hose. I currently have this one set up to use a shop vac but with a reducer my dust collector can also do the work.

I hope I explained that for you, if it's still unclear I can post additional photos.

Leviblue

Kevin
Corporate Member
Geoff, your station looks great. Although it looks like you are able to get to yours better than I can mine. LOL
I enjoyed making the cabinet as it definitely allowed use of pretty much all my power tools. The station definitely has stood up to the use and over all I think its a good design.

RayH

New User
Ray
Kevin,

Thanks for the description. I saw the slot in the back, but not the holes for a vac. It is a very neat table.

Ray

Glennbear

Glenn
I discovered my router/ shaper station that I built about 15 years ago. It may look familiar as it was built from the Norm plans that my wife bought me one year for Christmas.

I thought my shop/garage was a mess but I have never managed to misplace a whole router station !! :rotflm: Seriously Kevin, that is a nice design and congrats for getting it in use again. :wsmile:

Leviblue

Kevin
Corporate Member
Yeah, misplacing a tool this large wasn't easy. The movers seemed to help hide a few things. I'm glad my wife can still find her car! :rotflm:
Now if only I could find my miter gauge for the table saw, I would be in business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS