Router table and fence material

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jeff...

I need to replace my router table top it's two glued up pieces of 3/4" birch plywood skim coated with plastic resin (bondo) and sanded flat and smooth to a high gloss finish. Wood is pretty abrasive and it has not held up as well as I would have hoped. The insert is a 1/2 clear polycarbonate plate with several leveling screws.

What I would really like is a better fence system with a few tee slots for stop blocks and feather boards. I would also like a couple of tee slots in the top for a miter gauge, feather boards and setup. It would also be cool if I could mount another router horizontally to the front of the top that I could tilt and be able to run both routers at the same time that way I could really mess up some wood.

What's a good material for table and fence or would I be better off buying one and putting it on my stand.

I'm way open to design and material ideas.

Thanks

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
plastic laminate over top of what you got sounds like a winner to me. I never cared for miter slots in a router table.:nah: last time I built one I left them out and have not missed them in the least. remind me today while your here and I'll show you my fence design not useing slots.:gar-La;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS