Router lift?

freshwaterw

New User
Wesley
I am looking to install a router lift to an extension wing I just added to my Delta table saw. I currently have Porter Cable and Bosch routers with 3 1/2 dia. motors. I was wondering if anyone has experience with the Rockler SL. I like the price-point on this one, as I am not a professional, and this should not get a lot of extended, hard usage. With that being said, I do believe in buying good tools but I am not sure a $350.00 to $400.00 lift is something I need. Any and all comments are both welcome and appreciated by this new member!

Jclrk

Jclrk
Corporate Member
I'm having the same issue with building a table vs buying one. Another member here is helping me build my own. The upside is gaining his knowledge and learning. I'll see how much I use it for a while and then decide if a lift is justified

Last edited:

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
I do a fair amount of work on a router table and I do not have a router lift. Many of the good routers out there have easy adjustments and some also have through the table adjustments.

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
if you have the Bosch 1617, you can use a router insert like this: Bosch adapter plate. It has a hole to allow you to use the adjuster built into the fixed base for bit height adjustments

(I just noticed this particular part is on 3-5 week delay...)

Last edited:

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
I use the Tridon router, so it does not need a lift. Kreg plate. Adjust from the top like a lift by just taking a spring out.
I used am MDF table for years, but just upgraded to the SawStop iron TS wing extension. I can not add a micro adjuster block between the router fence and TS fence to get those lock miters right on.

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Definitly go with Triton if you decide to purchase a dedicated table router

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
With a plunge router, look at the Router Razor. Several you tubes on building a router lift also. Take the money you would spend on a lift and get a plunge router. You can make your own plate for you existing router.

BKHam

Bradley
User
it looks like it has similar features as the Jessem i have. i've always been pretty impressed with Rockler quality. I ended up getting the adjustable throat plates which are very useful with small bits and small stock. i wish my jessem had a quick release to go up and down quickly. i'd recommend this as well:

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
I'm currently looking at building the ShopNotes (Issue 121) / Woodsmith router lift. Several videos on construction on Youtube Seems simple enough to build. Only majior change I planning is to use Stumpy Nubs idea of boxing it in for DC.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS