Router issues

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Folks I had a Ridgid trim router get hung up yesterday. Little burning smell by the time I got it shut off. Now it will not run. Could it be just brushes that got burned out or is it more likely a burnt motor ?

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
Dirk, that is a toss up, however I'd start with the brushes. I'd have to ask how many hours do have on this tool as well.

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
A couple years old Richard. Been a great tool no previous issues

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
Unfortunately you may have to buy a pair of brushes to find out. It's fairly cheap, your other choice is to open up the case and use a multi-meter on the coil and see if there is any resistance. I have not done this in so long I'm not an authority on exactly how to do this. So if you want to do it yourself you'll need someone else to lead you down the rabbit hole of electronics. Or change the brushes and hope, (I've, done this and it been 50/50). Or take it to repair shop spend a little money and hope (I've done this and it too is 50/50). Good luck.

danmart77

Dan
Corporate Member

here's a company that has been reliable for small things for me. Check that its the right fit but the cost is not too much. I have the same one I think as you have and truthfully I don't use it much.

Hope this gets you back up

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Folks I had a Ridgid trim router get hung up yesterday. Little burning smell by the time I got it shut off. Now it will not run. Could it be just brushes that got burned out or is it more likely a burnt motor ?
Most likely it's toast. I have an extra if you need to borrow one for a week or two.

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
Did you register for the lifetime warranty? Check with HD to see how to do a warranty claim

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Bring it over. I have the same and we can swap some brushes but I highly doubt that will fix it. The good news is it has a decent power cord so you can at least save that

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS