Router bit source Not Infinity

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Thanks for your feedback. We do our best to make sure that any issues our customers experience are resolved in a timely manner and with the best service possible. Please contact us via email (support@infinitytools.com) or phone (877-USA-BITS) and we will gladly assist. Providing us with as much detail as possible will help getting you taken care of as swiftly as possible. Our business hours are M-F, 8:30-5pm E.T.
Thanks for joining our group and thanks for you response to this question.
I hope you will continue to provide information and contribute to our forums.

Kelly

Kelly
User
Thanks for your feedback. We do our best to make sure that any issues our customers experience are resolved in a timely manner and with the best service possible. Please contact us via email (support@infinitytools.com) or phone (877-USA-BITS) and we will gladly assist. Providing us with as much detail as possible will help getting you taken care of as swiftly as possible. Our business hours are M-F, 8:30-5pm E.T.
Been there, done that. No thanks

Kelly

Kelly
User
I had decided to let this go. I am at a point in my life where I try to walk away from things that bother me. But the saga continues, and I just can’t.
I have been trying to get a replacement bearing for a $90 router bit from Infinity. On The one they sold me, the double top bearings just disintegrated. I contacted them on Oct. 3. Their “customer service” department advised me to send a picture to a customer service email address. I just wanted to buy the replacements,I wasn’t asking for anything special. But I followed their instructions.
Since that time, I have resent that email; Called the office twice, filled out the form on their website and posted here. Each time I call, they act like they have never heard of me and ask me to start over, just like they did in this post.
2 days after posting on this forum, I received bearings from Infinity that do not fit this shaft. I SUPPOSE THEY EXPECT ME TO EITHER TAKE IT TO A MACHINE SHOP AND HAVE THEM TURN THE SHAFT DOWN TO FIT THE BEARING, OR BORE OUT THE BEARING TO FIT THE SHAFT.
So, I am nowhere closer to being able to use this workhorse bit.
I will make one more point about their poor customer service.
If they monitor this site and saw my post, why didn’t they just contact me instead of posting and asking me to start over ? Great customer service eh ? They could easily have found my record.
Thanks for all the recommendations on Whiteside. I will never buy Infinity again. I caution anyone else to be aware of this type of treatment.

Attachments

• 4D50A5E2-1EAE-48F6-83CE-838370445221.jpeg
    4D50A5E2-1EAE-48F6-83CE-838370445221.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 67
  • C7D287D5-DCE2-472B-B10C-3E698FE1A441.jpeg
    C7D287D5-DCE2-472B-B10C-3E698FE1A441.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 63

David Venditto

New User
David
I had decided to let this go. I am at a point in my life where I try to walk away from things that bother me. But the saga continues, and I just can’t.
I have been trying to get a replacement bearing for a $90 router bit from Infinity. On The one they sold me, the double top bearings just disintegrated. I contacted them on Oct. 3. Their “customer service” department advised me to send a picture to a customer service email address. I just wanted to buy the replacements,I wasn’t asking for anything special. But I followed their instructions.
Since that time, I have resent that email; Called the office twice, filled out the form on their website and posted here. Each time I call, they act like they have never heard of me and ask me to start over, just like they did in this post.
2 days after posting on this forum, I received bearings from Infinity that do not fit this shaft. I SUPPOSE THEY EXPECT ME TO EITHER TAKE IT TO A MACHINE SHOP AND HAVE THEM TURN THE SHAFT DOWN TO FIT THE BEARING, OR BORE OUT THE BEARING TO FIT THE SHAFT.
So, I am nowhere closer to being able to use this workhorse bit.
I will make one more point about their poor customer service.
If they monitor this site and saw my post, why didn’t they just contact me instead of posting and asking me to start over ? Great customer service eh ? They could easily have found my record.
Thanks for all the recommendations on Whiteside. I will never buy Infinity again. I caution anyone else to be aware of this type of treatment.
Hello Mr. Almond,

I discussed this with my CS team this morning and after careful review will share a few details here. I'd like to begin by thanking you for your orders over the years, the first of which was in 2004. That almost goes back to when I started the company in 2003, so thanks for being one of my original customers! We have a very thorough support ticket process to help ensure all questions are replied to and not overlooked. We are hardly ever more than one business day behind in our replies to open tickets and have ticket completion and satisfaction as one of our top CS goals. So when I saw this issue I was very surprised. When I looked through the support tickets (you opened multiple tickets for the same issue) I was happy to know that my team replied to you the very same day with a request for pictures and a part #. Pictures were provided but no part # was given to us. We requested the part # again but the ticket was closed a week later after we did not receive a reply from you. Eventually we did receive the part # and that very same day we sent you a replacement bearing from what we believed was the same bit your ticket made reference to. Now here is where it gets really interesting; the picture you sent to our CS team was one of our 85-920's that was purchased in 2014. I know that because the spec on that bit was changed years ago and both the nut on the top, the bearing post diameter and the bearing itself is no longer what is used in our current production. Our current inventory of 85-920 uses a 3/16" x 1/2" bearing, which is the same one we sent to you bc we took it off of one of those bits from our shelf the same day you replied back with the part #. You've recently purchased the 85-920 from us twice so if you still have one of those you can take off the bearings to confirm, they are not the same as the ones from the pic you sent us. The CS team did not make this connection and thought you were showing us a picture of one of the bits you bought recently. We're going to see if we can find one of those older spec bearings and send you a couple so you can keep using that router bit from 2014, give me a couple days to track it down. Bottom line; we have a dedicated team of folks here that do everything in their power to make sure every interaction with our company is as smooth as possible. Of course, things don't always go as planned but we really do give it our best shot. If you'd like to discuss this further you can reach me at my office line below, I'd be happy to speak with you.

Warm regards,
David Venditto
Infinity Cutting Tools
813-881-9090 x201

Kelly

Kelly
User
I took the first pic of this bit on Oct 3. Based on a conversation with your company, I emailed this pic but explained to the guy that I already had a pack of replacement bearings, but NONE OF THEM FIT THIS BIT. He apparently didn’t listen to me.
I followed up the following week with the same pic. Weeks later, having heard nothing, I called again. I was told you had no record of my complaint, but why would I have taken the pic, made the call, and not send the email.
I didn’t know, and no one told me, that I should follow this on your website. I expected direct contact from you.
But, in my last phone conversation with you, I was asked if there was any etching on it to identify it, other than 85-920. There was only an 8 etched into the bottom. I told him that, but there is no mention of that conversation in your records. Once again, I heard nothing.
This is the last I will say. I am walking away from aggravation.
I

bob vaughan

Bob Vaughan
Senior User
I’m glad to see this cleared up because I’m a big fan of Infinity and have been for years. I will remain so.

The confusion was with the bearing size rather than the router bit. Those little bearings with ½” outside diameter can be confusing like a lot of other bearing sizes. The OD and thickness may be the same, but the ID can differ, depending on the router bit maker. Infinity’s older version of that bit used bearings with a different ID than their current bit. I have the same problems when replacing router bit bearings and often have to search for the right ID bearing.

I think that the frequent use of the 2014 model bit wore off the stock number marking and thus no accurate definition of the bit’s model number was possible.

David Venditto

New User
David
I’m glad to see this cleared up because I’m a big fan of Infinity and have been for years. I will remain so.

The confusion was with the bearing size rather than the router bit. Those little bearings with ½” outside diameter can be confusing like a lot of other bearing sizes. The OD and thickness may be the same, but the ID can differ, depending on the router bit maker. Infinity’s older version of that bit used bearings with a different ID than their current bit. I have the same problems when replacing router bit bearings and often have to search for the right ID bearing.

I think that the frequent use of the 2014 model bit wore off the stock number marking and thus no accurate definition of the bit’s model number was possible.
Hi Bob, yes that seems to be the main issue of confusion and why we ended up shipping the wrong replacement bearing. Marking solid carbide has always been a problem; first bc the laser etch shows up with little contrast on the dark carbide shank and secondly, it's easy to remove the marking after some use. I can certainly understand customer frustration when something breaks and we can't seem to connect on what needs to be replaced. To avoid future confusion, we're updating our process and we'll not only be asking for pictures but also for dimensions of replacement parts where appropriate. I think we could have avoided this entire issue / delay if we would have asked Mr. Almond to supply the dims of the bearing he needs and not just the part # and a picture. Thanks for your comments!.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS