Rockler Beadlock Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Had one. No thanks.

Might be nice in a pinch, but not for regular work IMHO. Great idea, but most every one I had to "tweak" afterwards to make things fit.

cpw

New User
Charles
I haven't used the Beadlock, but I do have one of Rockler's other doweling jigs. The first one I received had a 1/32" offset which compounded into a 1/16" offset, so they sent a replacement. Same problem, just not to the same degree - so I figured out the offset and made do. These days, I'd save my money to put into either a Dowelmax or a Domino.

mtrager

New User
Mitch
Thanks for the quick replies - I look forward to other opinions/experiences as well.

P.S. I'd love the Domino but too high cost for me.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Let me add ... it wasn't the worse thing I ever bought, but didn't live up to expectations.

There is another jig on the market (the name escapes me) that uses the plunge router. It's been discussed a fair amount out here, and IMHO looks nice. I would consider that.

NH2NC

New User
Eric
I have the MortisePal and love it. I believe that they are on sale right now too. My advice is to purchase the upspiral bit that MP sells (you get a discount on them if you purchase at the same time as the jig.) They are a half inch longer than any other bit that I can find and you will need the extra half inch.

www.mortisepal.com

E-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS