Rocking Horse

Status
Not open for further replies.

moodyfloyd

New User
Shawn
Here's the first ever Rocking Horse I've ever made... Made from Cherry, Jitoba, and Maple.
A Christmas gift for our daughter's first Christmas....and hopefully something to be passed down over the years to younger generations :)

Let me know what you think!

Shawn
Picture_00415.jpg

View image in gallery

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Very nice work and excellent selection of woods.:eusa_clap

Can't hardly wait to see all of grain and color pop when you add the finish.

Thanks for sharing.

Wayne

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Now that's a gift she'll enjoy from the day she gets it, and many years later when she gives it to her first child. Be sure and take pictures of the look on her face the first time she see's it. :icon_thum

Bill

bluedawg76

New User
Sam
great use of contrasting woods! how are the different pieces attached, like the saddle and mane and tail?

Sam

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
That's a great lookin' "hoss!":icon_thum:eusa_clap I'm thinking of starting one this week. :wsmile:

moodyfloyd

New User
Shawn
Glue and pocket screws in places where clamps were not feasible. The entire rocking part and supports are only screwed together, as is the attachment of the horse to those supports. I was thinking glue might be necessary, but the assembly is very strong with just the screws on the lower part. This was also helpful with the assembly part, not having to race with glue and hope it bonded properly.

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
Wow. Very nice rocking horse.

Did you work from plans? Where did you get them?

moodyfloyd

New User
Shawn
Plans from woodcraft website. If you do plan to use these ones, there are some errors I can make you aware of so you don't make any mistakes...Let me know.

Shawn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS