Rocking Horse Progress ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
They are getting there ...

Today was able to mount the horses to the rockers ...

This week I hope to wrap the rest up, which includes final sanding, ears, handles and eyes.

Here are a couple of pics from today ...

IMG_5920.JPG

Hailey just couldn't wait ... so she took a pre-release ride ...
IMG_5923.JPG

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
looks like you have a satisfied client! Those are some good looking rocking horses.

can't help but like the looks of that saw, too!

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Great job. What type of wood did you use? How do you like you saw stop?

The light-colored wood is Ash and the dark on two is Brazilian Cherry. The third uses Lacewood for the darker inlay's.

The SawStop is superb ... powerful, accurate, what more can you ask for?

BumoutBob

New User
Bob
Nice rocking horses. I've seen several designs of these and I've always wondered about the saddle design. Having owned horses and ridden some, I found leather saddles are very rounded. Rocking horse saddles many times are not.The poor little kid has to sit on a surface that has a rounded right angle cutting into the inside of their theigh. Your picture doesn't show the saddle very well so I can't tell on your design, but by far you have the nicest saddle I've seen. Just remember saddles are supposed to be very comfortable. My $.02

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
Lookin' good Jeremy :eusa_danc

The new improved shop layout looks a lot better also.

pete

thrytis

New User
Eric
Your herd looks great. Is this the Family Tradition Woodworking Plans pony (the one they have on display at Woodcraft)? I just picked up that plan because my daughter loves that horse. She has to spend at least as much time riding the horse as i spend looking around the store.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS