Rocking Chair Finished

Status
Not open for further replies.

dino drosas

Dino
Corporate Member
I finally got the last coat of finish on the rocker. I will now let it cure for a week then rub it out and wax it. As I was moving it out of the shop into the house, I was suprised and pleased the way the finish appeared in the bright sunshine; so I snaped this picture. When it is completely done I will take good pictures and post them.

Attachments

• for sale.jpg
    for sale.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 187

PurpleThumb

New User
Jerry
Great Job, Dino. I know you're proud of it. Thanks for posting, it may get me to restart on mine after giving in to "summer pursuits"

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
Dino,
That is amazing! Will you please post some close ups of the rocker? I hope to build one of these one day! Do you have any work in progress pics? That is one beautiful rocker :eusa_clap

dino drosas

Dino
Corporate Member
Thank you for all your kind comments. My best estimate as to time invested is about 130 hours. The finish is 5 coats of Waterlox Original (in the red can) applied every other day with a rag and lightly scuffed between coats . As I mentioned at the beginning of this post, in about a week I will rub it out with 0000 steel wool and buff with wax. When it is totally finished, I will take detail photos and post them

woodguy1975

New User
John
Awsome job Dino!!!!!!!!!! It looks great. I look foward to seeing some pics of it when it's all rubbed down and out. Be proud of your accomplishment. Lots of guys never finish theirs for some reason. :(

thrt15nc

New User
Tom
Man alive that's pretty. Great job!!!!!

Someday I'll make one of those...........someday.............

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS