Rocker WIP - DONE - Another Satisfied Customer

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Here's a rocker I've been working on for my grandson. Made out of black walnut and 30 min / 3500 PSI clear epoxy. Almost every cut is a angle cut. It would have really helped if I had a plan or at least a drawing, instead of just a picture in my head.

Rocker-P1010005.JPG

Rocker-P1010006.JPG

Rocker-P1010007.JPG

thanks

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Re: Rocker WIP

What are you doing making something out of walnut??!?!? Are you off your rocker? But it looks good! :)

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Re: Rocker WIP

DAYG is just more fun!!!!!! Nice job Jeff!

Well I didn't document it either. I'm almost thinking I could have taken a log and hacked it out with my chainsaw. It's would have been a lot quicker and funner.

What are you doing making something out of walnut??!?!? Are you off your rocker? But it looks good! :smile:

Yeah, there's some walnut out in the shop, stuff I wouldn't sell to anyone when I was running the sawmill, because of defects. Despite that I am highly allergic to walnut, I decided to give walnut a try again... So far so good haven't broke out in itchy hives yet, maybe my reaction has calmed down (fingers crossed). I was sawing a awful lot of walnut at one time, maybe I just got over exposed, who knows?

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Re: Rocker WIP - DONE

Looks solid, Jeff!!!!:icon_cheers:icon_cheers

That chair will be cherished for many a year.

Well done.

Wayne

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member

That's nice Jeff. I'm sure he will enjoy it and pass it down.

You work like I do, i just get a picture in my head and go for it. Start with the main piece and fit everything to it.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member

Very nice Jeff...I can see that being passed down for many generations to come.

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff

Looks solid, Jeff!!!!:icon_cheers:icon_cheers

That chair will be cherished for many a year.

Well done.

Wayne

Well I have a solid Grandson :gar-Bi

Last pics... another satisfied customer
Rocker-P1010011.JPG

Rocker-P1010012.JPG

Thanks for all the comments

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Yep, that's what it's all about: satisfied customers. And he definitely looks like a happy customer. Judging from the cars he's holding, I say there is a sand box project in your future. :gar-La;

Bill

sawduster

New User
Robert
Nicely done man ! :icon_thum :notworthy: " It would have helped if I had a plan or at least a drawing "
....sheesh ! You and Fred ! :eusa_danc I couldn't do that well with a plan :nah:

you ( and now your Grandson ) rock !! :gar-Bi

bwat

New User
Bill
This is the kind of woodworking benefit we all long for! That smile makes it all worthwhile. Great job!

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
nice work Mr. Mills!:icon_thum:icon_thum do you have a measured drawring?:gar-Bi the picture in your head is a bit fuzzy......:rotflm:

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
nice work Mr. Mills!:icon_thum:icon_thum do you have a measured drawring?:gar-Bi the picture in your head is a bit fuzzy......:rotflm:

Yeah I have a measured drawring - You with a tape measure, a pencil and paper then you hand the measured drawring to me :gar-La;

BTW... did I mention how I really like your ideas? I mean the gap filling properties and long set time of epoxy, that and a little of your magic blue tape makes for some solid joints. However the wife gave me one of those looks when I clamped everything together with rubber bands :gar-Bi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS