Rocker Class Number 2 complete!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodguy1975

New User
John
Well, the second rocker class has completed their chairs so I'd figure I'd share a couple photos of the proud students and their chairs. From left to right it is Alice, Lat, and Richard. Alice and Lat where from Florida and Richard was from the Charlotte area. They all did a great job.

And the chairs by themselves. Notice Alices chair with 7 spindles!
7-2-Rockerclasschairs2small.jpg

And of course I've gotta shair a pic of my own chair as it stands today.

myrockernumber2withcrest.jpg

I should have my crest intersections shaped tomorrow and start gluing on the rockers. :)

Thanks for viewing.

John

M

McRabbet

Some might fine looking sitters there! Looks like the trip from Florida was well worth their efforts. Great job students! and another successful class, John!

Rob

woodguy1975

New User
John
and of course Bobby and John are making great progress......

They will complete their chairs on July 15th.

7-2class3JohnandBobby.jpg

woodguy1975

New User
John
Monty said:
Excellent!!! :icon_thum
So Monty.........

Any progress on your rocker????????????

:)

I've also started my next rocker while the crest rail was drying. The next chair is going to be made out of some fantastic figured cherry I found at Catawba. I bandsawed the seat and have it in the clamps as I type. :)

Gotta give a thanks out to Lat and Alice. Lat was kind enough to give me a brand new very nice Metabo grinder and a carbide burr head to test for sculpting on harder woods. Both very unexpected and very appreciated. I'll be testing that carbide burr head on this cherry seat. It worked well when we tested it on cherry.

cskipper

Cathy
Great looking chairs! I'll be looking forward to the Cherry scraps!:icon_wink (I know, I'm incorrigible!)

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
John - I looked at the Metabo web page but couldn't find the carbide burr you have. Their index is by part number is there a number yours? (Just the burr - I have a grinder)

I want one!!! ;-)

pete

woodguy1975

New User
John
Tekkadan said:
John - I looked at the Metabo web page but couldn't find the carbide burr you have. Their index is by part number is there a number yours? (Just the burr - I have a grinder)

I want one!!! ;-)

pete

The carbide burr is made by King Arthur tools. Click on the picture and that should take you to amazons page. They run about $70.

woodguy1975

New User
John
cskipper said:
Great looking chairs! I'll be looking forward to the Cherry scraps!:icon_wink (I know, I'm incorrigible!)

I've got the perfect scrap for you already. It was the cutoff of my most figured piece of cherry. It was the board I used to make the seat yesterday. Very burly. :) I'll put it up for you. I should be through the bandsawing process within the next couple weeks I'll let you know when the can is full.

Thanks,

John

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
"Click on the picture" Duh - Way to obvious :eusa_doh:

Thanks - but for 70 bucks I think I'll have to keep using my el cheapo grinding disks :-(

pete

woodguy1975

New User
John
Tekkadan said:
"Click on the picture" Duh - Way to obvious :eusa_doh:

Thanks - but for 70 bucks I think I'll have to keep using my el cheapo grinding disks :-(

pete

What are you shaping. For wood the flat sanding disks and 60 grit flap disks work pretty well.

Thanks,

John

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
>> What are you shaping. For wood the flat sanding disks and 60 grit flap disks work pretty well.<<

Yeah, that what I use now. I've been experimenting with some free form shaping of some boxes and other little goodies I mess around with. Nothing to brag about as yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS