RIGID 10 IN. Table Saw

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Reeves

New User
John Reeves
I am getting ready to buy Model TS3650 from Home Depot for $550. Any advice on either the saw or the price? Need all the help I can get.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
John,

A few people here have this saw. You can find some comments regarding it here:
http://ncwoodworker.net/forums/showthread.php?postid=1194#poststop

I personally have the smaller TS2400LS and think that it is a great little saw. Have had it about a year now and have no problems at all with it. I particularly like the fence. Once set up, it has remained bang on from the 1st cut. I believe that I am going to upgrade the blade soon though. I purchased this saw for its mobility, as I have very limited space in the shop. (I do wish that I had the cast iron top like 3650.)

Also, you can read more detail on the 3650 in the Rigid Forum at:
http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/index.php

I have read a lot of glowing reviews of the 3650.

Hopefully, some owners here at NCWW will chime in with their expreiences with the saw as well.

Good Luck,

Wayne

stoneskippers

New User
John Skipper
I had a BT3000 for 4 yrs and for a long time eyed the Ridgid table saw. About seven months ago finally bought the Ridgid TS36 and wish I had got it earlier. The mobility is a real good point but, the things that make it a good table saw are the cast iron wings and the fence. The fence is very stable and when setup has been checked very accurate. If you set it on 3-5/6" thats what you will cut. Imho you would have to go to a good cabinet saw to do better. As far as price it seem I paid $489.

Ken Massingale

New User
Ken
I've had the 3650 for several months and could not be happier. I agree with all the points John made. I added an extention on the right between the rails for a router.
The little contact I had with Ridgid support was excellent also. A HD or Lowes discount coupon would put the price at a real sweet spot, but it's worth the $550.
ken

R

rickc

JMR2 said:
I am getting ready to buy Model TS3650 from Home Depot for $550. Any advice on either the saw or the price? Need all the help I can get.
I am one of those that have the saw as well. I, too, moved up from a BT3000. The price is fair for the saw, but to give you some food for thought. Offer them $50 less. When I bought mine, it was on sale for $550, while HD had a special - $100 giftcard on purchases in excess of $499. They accepted my offer of $500, and I got the $100 giftcard to boot. Worth a try!

But that aside - I am very impressed with the saw, and have no regrest having bought one. It is a heavey thing, so you might want to ensure you either have it delivered or get some help. You get a false impression when they say it comes in two boxes. Two boxes, alright - one for the saw rails, and everything else in the other! Take your time putting it together and it should come together fairly easy.

It was also rated as a best buy (maybe best value) by Wood magazine a bit ago. So there is some recognition for it. If you want a copy of the article, let me know. I can scan and send it to you.

Darl Bundren

Allen
Senior User
I bought the TS2424 five or six years ago and have been pleased with it. I like that it is smooth, has adequate power for the cutting I do, is user-friendly enough for me to keep it aligned. The mobility mentioned earlier is a nice benefit as well. Probably the best features for me are the safety features: I can take off or add the blade guard and splitter in ten seconds tool free, and the switch has a removable key that I can pop out and stash to ensure that the little folks about will remain largely safe.

When I bought mine, they had a deal where they'd give you $100 off for any saw you brought in as a trade. I went down to the flea market and bought some unholy circular saw mounted in a particle board table on rickety folding legs for $15 or something like that and they gave me the credit. I sometimes wonder what they did with all the crappy saws folks brought it. If you buy from the Home Depot, they'll often run some credit card deal where you can purchase and not pay for 6 months or so.

Good luck with your shopping.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Great John!

Let us know how the assembly goes! Oh....and post a pic when you get it all set up. Hope that you got a good deal on it.

Post us a pic if you get a chance and give us some feedback on how she runs!

Thanks,

Wayne

R

rickc

JMR2 said:
Well, I did buy it and almost have it together. Looking forward to using it.
Be prepared - the first time you turn it on, the sound of that thing will be like music to your ears! You will find yourself LOOKING for something to cut! And when you are able, invest in a good aftermarket blade for it.

M

McRabbet

Go to Lowes and invest in a Freud blade. They have several types under $50. If you want to make a longer term investment, get a Forrest Woodworker II or In-line Industries TS-2000.

Rob

Last edited by a moderator:

chris99z71

New User
Chris
JMR2 said:
What blade do you suggest?

I just asked the same question recently (see here). On John's (Woodguy) recommendation I went with the in-line TS2000. Many consider the Forrest woodworker II blade to be the best. John's used the TS2000 and the WWII and prefers the TS2000. I can let you know how it works when I actually get it in the mail...and then get my 220V outlet run for my saw...

sapwood

New User
Roger
Chris,

I'm still awaiting my TS2000 also! I called yesterday and was told it was being shipped that day from MA. So hopefully we'll be seeing them in a day or two. (Sorry for the minor hijack folks:slap:)

Sapwood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS