Ridgid tablesaw replacement parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

lwhughes149

New User
Lorraine
I have Ridgid tablesaw model No. TS24122 that has now decided that it may need to be replaced. Why you might ask? Well, the pulley that drives the motor has a wobble and now can't hold the belt. I called the dealer only to be told to go on line and order the part. It is no longer available, they are sorry. Thoughts and comments please?:kamahlituAnyone have a reasonable tablesaw for sale? $900.00 kind of bits.

lwhughes149

New User
Lorraine
Joe, I talked with them. Everything for that tablesaw has been discontinued. I even tried a parts replacement site that they had posted only to be told that it wasn't available with them either. I don't know anything about pulley's so I don't know if you can go just anywhere with the pully in hand and replace it. Maybe some one on the site does know. If that doesn't happen then I am going to have to go shopping.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
The question is if the pulley has gone bad what caused that to happen. Pulleys do not normally just go bad unless there is something else wrong that caused it. It could be a bent drive shaft (also not likely) or a bad bearing or a loose mount. I can stop over later to see if I can determine the cause.

lwhughes149

New User
Lorraine
Scott, please come over and look at it for me. I can see a wobble in the pulley, it is out of round. What caused it I don't know, it just started to get loud. You always know when your machines don't sound normal. I would love the help.

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Is there a keyway on the shaft for the pulley?
If is slipped out that would make it wobble suddenly.
Good on ya Scott!

lwhughes149

New User
Lorraine
I must report that Scott saved the day, the tablesaw is back up and running. I am so lucky to have a neighbor who is handy in the shop. Thanks again Scott.

lwhughes149

New User
Lorraine
When I replaced the key that tightens the screw, I didn't line the pulley with the other pulley. Scott took one look at it and quickly saw the problem. I get along very well in my shop but when it comes to a problem with my machines I am lost. High five to Scott.:3dblob3:
We addressed a router question, a hand plane and sharpening question. All and all it was a good day. I even got 1 1/4 inches of rain.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
The set screw had come loose which allowed the pulley and key to move on the motor shaft. That caused the initial issue. Lorraine had tightened it back up but did not properly align the motor pulley with the pulley on the blade shaft. This caused the belt to "jump" off the pulley.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Yeah for Scott. Is your saw old enough to have the lifetime warranty? Early Ridgid tools had a lifetime warranty. Later tools had to be signed up for a lifetime service agreement. If so, next time Ridgid says there are no parts available, as about your free replacement saw.

Glennbear

Glenn
I am happy to hear the problem was resolved. :gar-Bi One of the greatest things about belonging to NCWW is knowing that help from fellow woodworkers is only a request away. :wsmile:

lwhughes149

New User
Lorraine
Glen, I have yet to post a concern that I didn't get help. As for a life time warranty on the saw, my brother left me the saw when he passed away in 2004 so a warranty is something I wouldn't know about. I am getting ready to buy a Grizzly hybrid tablesaw in about a week or two. :rotflm: Oh happy days are here and coming, gloat time,:3dblob3::3dblob3::3dblob3::3dblob3::3dblob3::3dblob3::3dblob3:
Can you feel my happiness.

sberube

New User
seb
How does the song go again... You'll find it all on eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeBay!

I would give ebay a shot. Especially if you have a part number. Its never fun to buy something that might already be used, but it beats investing in an entirely new table saw.

I have Ridgid tablesaw model No. TS24122 that has now decided that it may need to be replaced. Why you might ask? Well, the pulley that drives the motor has a wobble and now can't hold the belt. I called the dealer only to be told to go on line and order the part. It is no longer available, they are sorry. Thoughts and comments please?:kamahlituAnyone have a reasonable tablesaw for sale? $900.00 kind of bits.

Glennbear

Glenn
Glen, I have yet to post a concern that I didn't get help. As for a life time warranty on the saw, my brother left me the saw when he passed away in 2004 so a warranty is something I wouldn't know about. I am getting ready to buy a Grizzly hybrid tablesaw in about a week or two. :rotflm: Oh happy days are here and coming, gloat time,:3dblob3::3dblob3::3dblob3::3dblob3::3dblob3::3dblob3::3dblob3:
Can you feel my happiness.

yup!!! :gar-Bi:eusa_danc:banana:

lwhughes149

New User
Lorraine
The saw is fixed without the help of a new part. It is a worry when you find that your aging tool has had its parts discontinued. I have purchased many large tools used but this time I am going for a new tablesaw.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
The saw is fixed without the help of a new part. It is a worry when you find that your aging tool has had its parts discontinued. I have purchased many large tools used but this time I am going for a new tablesaw.
It won't be new after you uncrate it. Kinda like, "nobody drives a new car, only used ones. As soon as you drive it, it's used." To me, less than ten years old equals to new. Proud owner of a Delta (prior to Rockwell) 14" band saw and a 1953 Milwaulkee Sawzall. Plus a 1940 model wife (got her used also.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS