Ridgid Stationary Drill Press - Opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leviblue

Kevin
Corporate Member
I went to the HD today and purchased a stationary drill press that was on clearance. The clearance price was $299 but I had a photo from another store where the price was $149.50. I spoke with the Asst. Mgr and they matched that price. HD has clearanced several of the Ridgid stationary tools in the stores for various markets. So I saved $100 and got what I believe to be a good product.

Does anyone have one of these and what is your opinion on it?

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
I assume you're talking about the 15" model. I used to have it, it worked great. Plenty of power, decent quill stroke and very little runout. The table was a bit small, but then again most drill presses have tables that are made for metalworking, not woodworking. For $150, you're entitled to gloat.

Jim M.

Woody
Corporate Member
I have one and agree with what Bas said, especially about the table. I lucked out and found a almost new Rockler drill press table for $10 at a yard sale. The light is hokey so I added a magnet based lamp and now it's not an issues. With a little tweaking, it's a great tool for my shop. Jim

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
Agree with the earlier comments, except the one about the light. I really like that feature. It does not provide searchlight levels of illumination, but it certainly is an improvement over no light at all. I tend to use my DP for less than 30 seconds at a time - and the availability of a built in light that I can turn on and off quickly and easily is the thing I like best - assuming actual performance of the tool is up to grade (and it is).

Henry W

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS