Ridgid OSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin Roper

Martin
Senior User
Direct Tools at the Tanger Outlets in Mebane has the remanufactured Ridgid OSS for $114 with the July 4th promotion.

TedAS

Ted
Corporate Member
Is this a good sander?
If you are an owner of this sander can you list some of the pros and cons?

I have walked by these sanders often, I couldn't convince myself they a good value. But for this price I might just go for it if it gets good recommendations.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
It's a good sander, and for the money, I don't think you can do better. In addition to being an oscillating spindle sander, it also has an oscillating belt. Granted, the belt is a little small compared to the bigger dedicated machines, but it's a nice bonus. Well built, nice large table, and on-board storage of everything.

Cato

New User
Bob
I have the Ridgid OSS and it works well, even the dust collection port is surprisingly effective.

Very quick change from spindle to belt. I think you get a lot for the money with this unit.

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
I have the Ridgid OSS and it works well, even the dust collection port is surprisingly effective.

Very quick change from spindle to belt. I think you get a lot for the money with this unit.

+1. Well worth it at that sale price.

merrill77

Master Scrap Maker
Chris
I love mine. I've had 4x6 and 6x10 belt/disk sanders in the past, but I like this a lot better.

Martin Roper

Martin
Senior User
Keep trying. They go in and out of stock. I got mine for $104. I've seen them there for $138. It all depends what promotion they're running.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS