Ridgid Jointer @ Capital Blvd. $107

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt Schnurbusch

New User
Matt
Title pretty much sums it up... I was in the Capital Blvd. store today for some materials, and walked through the tool aisle like I always do. They have one NIB jointer left on clearance for $107.

GO GET IT!!!

rosschilen

New User
Ross
I called the capital/north raleigh store and they could only find a jointer for 400. Of course they thought a jointer is a planer. I might stop by after work.

Cato

New User
Bob
Great price if they are NIB. Paid just under $400 for mine in the spring and been real happy with the machine.

ss600r

New User
Steve
Had to edit this. I decided to call one last store down in Lancaster SC. They put there hands on one they had left. 2 1/2 hours later and its in my garage. Score!

Cato

New User
Bob
Good going Steve!! That's a really good score/gloat, at a killer price. A small fraction for what they were selling for and even that was a good deal.

Really a rock solid little machine that doesn't take up a big footprint and is easy to move around on a mobile base.

Coupled with the planer I got about the same time it really opens up things you can do.

rick7938

New User
Rick
Bought mine for $96.30 ($107 - $10.70 military discount) from Fayetteville HD on Friday. Couldn't get it out the door fast enough.

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Had to edit this. I decided to call one last store down in Lancaster SC. They put there hands on one they had left. 2 1/2 hours later and its in my garage. Score!

Very Nice Score.

Do you have a receipt that you can scan? I'm in Utah and I'd love to get that deal.

Matthew

bluedawg76

New User
Sam
I picked up one up of these at the HD in Durham on Sat. They had 1 left. What a deal! When I got home with it, my wife had 2 questions. What does it do and where are you going to put it?

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Any reason to not mount some caster to the legs instead of the levelers?

Hey Steve,

I have a older Ridgid jointer I got used. I'm the third owner and the first gentleman put a metal cart on it with heavy duty casters that don't lock.

I'd really like to get this off the casters as it moves while I am jointing and sometimes when the wood wants to slip I press hard towards the fence and the jointer wants to fall over. So I have to put one foot on the cart to hold it down, it's more difficult to use the jointer in my opinion.

So I'd say either get a wider base/cart (probably sticking out the back to stablize it more) and some locking casters, or just leave it be.

Good Luck~!

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
This looks like it might be pretty stable. http://lumberjocks.com/projects/8831 I'm not sure about the single front caster. Maybe add some weight to the bottom.

Steve.

I have been using this type of universal base under my Ridgid jointer and TS for awhile now and have no stability issues at all. Cut a piece of 3/4" plywood the size you like, mount a caster at each corner and your good to go.:icon_thum

http://www.woodcraft.com/Product/2080750/29416/WoodRiver-Universal-Mobile-Base-Hardware-Kit.aspx

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS