RAS
Well how about "return to the flat side" Just something simple

What do y'all think?

box15.jpg

box23.jpg

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Obi Wan Kenobe, I have tried simple. Can you teach me how to DO simple?

Great box, Earl. :icon_thum

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
This wouldn't be one of them fancy "turned boxes" those dark siders lure us in with would it :p

Beautiful box! I love the handle/feet contrast and the bold grain direction.

Jim

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Nice Box [strike]Earl[/strike] I mean RAS, it's about time you came to your senses.

Is that a jointer I see? What no more dragging boards behind your pickup to get one side flat???

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
purdy box earl!:icon_thum now git over there and apoligize to the spinny thing and beg for forgivness.......:rotflm:

AAAndrew

New User
Andrew
Anyone who can turn a box with dovetails can be my Jedi master any day. :notworthy:

Dovetails on a lathe. Hmmm. Now there's a trick I'd like to see.

AAAndrew
Who's cut dovetails before, but never turned anything on a lathe so knows not of what he speaks. (but that's never stopped him before)

This wouldn't be one of them fancy "turned boxes" those dark siders lure us in with would it :p

Beautiful box! I love the handle/feet contrast and the bold grain direction.

Jim

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Pretty work. I like the grain orientation. Did you wrap the box with the same lines? (not sure if that was clear or not)...what's inside the box??

Chuck

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
Nice work!
Am I the only one who had an "M. C. Escher moment" looking at the second photo? The handle looks like a curved indentation but the side of the indentation goes flat at the edges of the box.

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
That is Beautiful Earl,

I really need to give one of those a try.

Really Love the look, Got anymore pics of the sides and inside? How did you cut the Dovetails?

YOU ROCK~!

sawduster

New User
Robert
Nice work!
Am I the only one who had an "M. C. Escher moment" looking at the second photo? The handle looks like a curved indentation but the side of the indentation goes flat at the edges of the box.

I had one too :eek: So bad that I had to look at the first pic enlarged to get the perspective ! :icon_scra

Simple ? Simple he says :swoon: Sheesh ....simple for you maybe :eusa_danc :mrgreen:

That's pretty impressive Earl :icon_thum Good work :eusa_clap

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
I had one too :eek: So bad that I had to look at the first pic enlarged to get the perspective ! :icon_scra

Simple ? Simple he says :swoon: Sheesh ....simple for you maybe :eusa_danc :mrgreen:

That's pretty impressive Earl :icon_thum Good work :eusa_clap

I was starting to worry I was the only crazy one; somehow it makes me feel better to know there are 2 of us... :rotflm:

and when the dam breaks, thunder in you ear, you shout and no one seems to hear...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS