Restoring a Craftsman 113.27520 10" table saw

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtreem

New User
Chris
Hey all... First real post here.

I picked up this saw from Craigslist for $75 bucks. Ironically I got the saw in Clayton, which is the 27520 zipcode :-D It looked to be in good shape and had both extension wings, full fence and the original motor so I jumped on it. Now here comes the teardown of this bugger. #### this thing is he-e-e-e-e-avy. but there's nothing a little muscle and WD-40 can't solve.

DSC_1530.JPG

DSC_1544.JPG

DSC_1547.JPG

DSC_1548.JPG

DSC_1554.JPG

Mike Camp

New User
Mike
Restored a similar one (not a Craftsman but contractor style) about a year ago. I only regret not taking many before pictures. The biggest upgrades were a Link Belt and a Delta T2 fence, and I replaced the two bearings on the arbor. I also installed a Grizzly paddle stop switch for ease of turning off (not reflected in the pictures) I also highly recommend purchasing a MicroJig SteelPro splitter as it appears yours does not have one. That paired with a set of MicroJig Grippers and you shouldn't have any kickback issues. Here are two threads I posted on the topic, good luck with it.

http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/showthread.php?t=41983

http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/showthread.php?t=41511

Mark Gottesman

New User
Mark
Good find! A very serviceable saw when refurbed and dialed in. Be careful with the aluminum rack gears on the front, they are brittle (cast aluminum). Also, be gentle with the decorative front panel. Hard or abrasive cleaning will make the pattern go away. DAMHIK. Is that the 1 HP motor? If so, they are plenty strong, especially when combined with a thin kerf blade.

Have fun and keep posting photos.

xtreem

New User
Chris
So I put the arbor end of the assembly into the hot soapy bat and let it sit for a day. Then started scotch briting and brushing the snot out of it. I didn't want to repaint it. Adding a little WD-40 and it came out pretty good, even if I do say so myself. Now I only wish that I had a larger tub than this 5 gallon one so I can do some multiple parts at a time. It's definitely going to make spooge-bathing the top and wings interesting.

Before:
DSC_1711.JPG

After:
DSC_1718.JPG

gator

George
Corporate Member
Thanks for the offer. Mine's complete so I don't think that I'll need anything off your saw.

Not a problem. If you think you might want to save it (or part it out) for spare parts that may be hard to get in the future, it will be sitting there til some time this summer when it will go to the dump.

George

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
A valiant effort. I believe one appreciates a tool they refurb themselves more than one they just plop down a piece of plastic for and take home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS