Rest in peace Steve Jobs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
I wanted to share a quote from Steve Jobs I think many of us can relate to:
We think the Mac will sell zillions, but we didn’t build the Mac for anybody else. We built it for ourselves. We were the group of people who were going to judge whether it was great or not. We weren’t going to go out and do market research. We just wanted to build the best thing we could build. When you’re a carpenter making a beautiful chest of drawers, you’re not going to use a piece of plywood on the back, even though it faces the wall and nobody will ever see it. You’ll know it’s there, so you’re going to use a beautiful piece of wood on the back. For you to sleep well at night, the aesthetic, the quality, has to be carried all the way through.
Creativity is just connecting things. When you ask creative people how they did something, they feel a little guilty because they didn’t really do it, they just saw something. It seemed obvious to them after a while. That’s because they were able to connect experiences they’ve had and synthesize new things. And the reason they were able to do that was that they’ve had more experiences or they have thought more about their experiences than other people.
The broader one’s understanding of the human experience, the better design we will have.

Jim M.

Woody
Corporate Member
I was surprised to see that the first prototype of his Apple computer was built in a wood frame. But when I gave it some thought, how many of our great inventions were first made from wood? Just a thought. Jim

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
I believe his greatest contribution is the number of jobs he and Apple created. The families they fed. That Apple family is a tight bunch! :wsmile:

bobby g

Bob
Corporate Member
I am saddened by the passing of Steve Jobs. He brought so much to us over the past several decades. My company was a connector vendor to Apple for many years during their first 15 years or so; we had a ring-side seat in watching their growth. They were a quality customer. I had a chance to view that first computer prototype during one of my visits to their facility.

RIP Steve.

bobby g

Mike Camp

New User
Mike
I would put him in the same category as Henry Ford, when it comes to influential American businessmen. He made high-water jeans, black turtlenecks, white sneakers and being a geek look good. He will definitely be missed.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
I would put him in the same category as Henry Ford, when it comes to influential American businessmen.

Couldn't agree more. Computers are the "automobiles" of our time and not only was he one of the original pioneers, he later took this technology to another level. Rest in peace.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
So young, imagine what he could have accomplished with another 20 - 30 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors