Resaw needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeH

New User
Mike
I've always wanted to do it and I've finally decided to build a mandolin. I'm going to use wood that I already have and need a few pieces resawn into book matched pieces. I live just North of Rockingham, but work in Matthews. Does anyone near me have the capabilities of resawing a couple pieces for me?

ehpoole

Administrator
Ethan
I'd offer, but you'd be 2/3rds the way to Atlanta by the time you got to my neighborhood. :rolleyes:

Hopefully someone a lot closer will offer!

I can understand the fascination though. I'd have to learn how to play one first, but I've always wanted to build a classical guitar one of these days. It just seems like a fun project for someone with no deadlines, something I could pickup and work on for a bit, then put away until I'm up to investing more time into it until it is finally completed.

JohnW

New User
John
Mike, I'm only a few miles from your work...in Matthews. My bandsaw has 16" resaw capacity and you are welcome anytime. We'll just have to work out a time when I'm home during the day as I'm in and out.

I'll PM my cell and you can call me for arrangements.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
I built a riser block for my Delta and can take up to 12" but it is kinda slow with the small motor on that saw. Nonetheless, I'm not far off your way home. PM me & we'll see if we can set up a time if you're interested.

JohnW

New User
John
That puney saw Dennis has wouldn't cut your finger.....I've got the special souped up Binford 2000 with more power.

Dennis, you need to come by and see the shop now that it done. I couldn't use the lights you brought over due to inspector issues...but it's done and has saw dust all over it.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
I may just do that one day...... haven't heard from you lately, and I hope all is well. You're right about my saw, but it'll get me by until the Prize Patrol makes it to my door. :rotflm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors