resaw jig needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

gordonmt

New User
Mark Gordon
Some time back there was some discussion on a bandsaw jig used for resawing lumber. I went through the search function but could not find it.

Can anyone submitt there picture of a resaw setup for a bandsaw that I could clone. I have a bunch of new wood now that needs attention and I really don't know what I'm doing in this arena.

Thanks all

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
Here's what I use:

ResawFence2.jpg

gordonmt

New User
Mark Gordon
Joe, Tony,
Thanks for the reply. Joes setup is what I was looking for. I want to resaw some 1 inch boards into 1/2 inch boards.

Joe,
Does that little guide really work on a board as wide as shown? It looks like the saw blade would weave all over the place.

Mark

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
Joe,
Does that little guide really work on a board as wide as shown? It looks like the saw blade would weave all over the place.

Mark

It does work. It's commonly called a 'point fence' and allows me to compensate for lead. I used to use just a piece of wood clamped to the table until I saw this in Wood (I think). Personally, I'm not inclined to spend hours tuning my bandsaw for a given days' humidity/temp/blade co-efficient. I find that generally, if the blade 'weaves' it's due to tension and if the cut is not up/down then it's mis-alignment of the upper & lower guides. However, if the grain is not straight, the blade can be influenced in the wood.
I also use building shims to keep the kerf open. Keep them in my hip pocket. I take the resaws directly to the planner so I'm always re-sawing 4 smooth surfaces.
Joe

gordonmt

New User
Mark Gordon
Thanks Joe,
I will start the building process tonight. I am looking forward to trying this thing out.

Mark

timf67

New User
Tim
Joe,

is there anything we should know if trying to make one of your jigs? Or is it pretty much just like what we see in your picture?

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
Here's another pic. Should show that the bottom part is fixed and the top part is a slide that's adjustable for both the table size and resaw thickness. If you need I can take more pix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors