Resaw it for me and I will give you half

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob-bee

New User
Robert Parchman
Not real sure where this topic should go so if this the wrong place I apologize. I have some rough cut cedar that I need re sawed. It about 16 feet long , 3 boards are 11 inches wide, 6 boards are 6 to 7 inches wide. It is all about 1 1/2 inches thick. This is 98% clear wood, very few knots. You may cut it to any lengths you need to to re saw. All I want out of it is standard width 8 foot boards. I realize it may not be able to be re sawed to all 3/4 inch thickness for all pieces. But I need it 3/4 inch width. I really hate to plane it all down to that thickness. Only other thing I ask is that you have done this before. It really is very good cedar.

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Rob-Bee, can you refresh my memory on where Wayne county is?:eusa_thin Maybe we can locate someone close by that can help you out.

D L

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Rob-bee

I ordered a Rikon 18 inch bandsaw just before Christmas and expect it to be delivered in the next few weeks. I will get a blade to handle 12 inch resaw work.

I do not currently meet your experience requirement. If you are not in a hurry and can wait I will help you with this once I get the saw and am ready for the task. I live at the Tar River Reservoir so it's not too far away from you.

I don't believe it is such a daunting task, particularly if the boards are flat and we cut to 8 ft before resawing. Once I get the saw set up it should be simply a matter of running it through. We can certainly set the fence to the safe side of 3/4, I would think.

Anyhow, it is an offer it all else fails.

Chuck

Rob-bee

New User
Robert Parchman
Sorry I havent been back, Night school and work,busy! Anyway I am located outside the Goldsboro area northwest wayne county.

cpowell.. as to your reply I am in no big hurry to get this done. So when you get it set up call me. I will PM you with my number. Thanks Robert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors