Request for Quote: Jerk Boxes (Weight Lifting Equipment)

Status
Not open for further replies.

richlife

New User
Rich
My son-in-law, Brian Lora, has been successfully participating in regional "World's Strongest Man" competitions for the past few years. He needs this equipment made (essentially strong support boxes) and I just don't have time to get it done by Spring when he needs it. Full details are linked below if you would be interested in this job.

Brian is a great guy (thankfully :D) and lives in South Raleigh not far from Apex/Cary. He suffered a serious accident last year and right now his lifting is therapeutic as well as preparatory for competition. If you want to talk with him about this project, please send him an email at blora01@gmail.com . I'm sure he would be open to discussing any improvements in design or appearance if you want to suggest them.

Here's the info he sent me about the jerk boxes: (fairly basic, but strength is critical)

Any interest in a wooden weightlifting project? Just basic & very sturdy construction needed. The only modification I'd need from the plan info in the link below is I'd need (5) sections for each side as I'm taller than most lifters.

http://www.eng.auburn.edu/~simonrl/wl/jerkboxes/

I'd also add a layer of heavy rubber matting (3/4") to the platform surface (and attach the round wooden edging on top of the rubber mat as this prevents the weights from rolling off the elevated pulling/jerk boxes)

http://www.performbetter.com/webapp...00182_1000179_1000179_ProductDisplayErrorView

These stackable jerk boxes (need a pair) would help me improve my olympic weightlifting and also make it much safer for doing very heavy overhead work (as this is the only reliable method to spot with heavy weight overhead, I've proven humans cannot spot these moves :) <this last is in reference to his severely broken wrist/arm -- Rich>

richlife

New User
Rich
I just wanted to close out with a quick "thanks" and a nod to Jack for taking care of Brian's jerk boxes. Brian is very pleased wit them and also happy that a post to NCWoodworker was able to resolve his dilemma.

Rich

Skymaster

New User
Jack
You and Brian are most welcome, glad I could help out.
smile.gif
:D

Skymaster

New User
Jack
hmmmmmmmmm if n i can figure out how to get em in here I will do so. some in my phone and also in my email, am unknowing how to git em here

Last edited:

zeb1

New User
John
I need a set of these too if anyone is interested in making them. I only need a 4 stack though.

I am looking for a quote right now.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS