Request for opinions

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Saw this on FB Market place near me -
I realize this is not a Jet or Supermax, but the real question is this: is it worth $450 or not?

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Will not crank up or down?
are you asking me or telling me?
I think the crank on the right side of the picture raises the "platen" rather than on others where the head raises and lowers...

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Actually Ron was repeating what the ad says - the table is locked up. Maybe for $300 knowing you will have to fix it
Better deals are out there. I paid $650 for my Supermax 37" dual-drum.

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Actually Ron was repeating what the ad says - the table is locked up. Maybe for $300 knowing you will have to fix it
Better deals are out there. I paid $650 for my Supermax 37" dual-drum.
And that real question is - let's say I get it "functional" does the Delta work at least "similarly" to the Jet or Supermax?

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
From my personal experiences, part for many Delta tools can be very are hard to come by. Delta does not stock many spare parts. So though it might be an easy fix you might not be able to get the parts for the easy fix. MTCW keep looking.

FlyingRon

Ron
I've found reviews that the height adjust mechanism is known to be problematic. The gears on the jack posts strip far too easily. Lots of people "me too" on everything from the "table won't move at all" to "it won't stay put or level"

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
"table won't move at all" to "it won't stay put or level"
Thinking I can deal with the mechanical issues of "table won't move at all"
But "it won't stay put or level" is another issue all together!

It would likely become one of those "Why did you think THIS was a good idea?!"

Pop Golden

New User
Pop
I have a PerformX 16/32. The head moving can be a problem. Really wanted a Delta with the table that moved rather than the head. Now with all the problems with parts etc. I would pass. :eek:

Pop

JohnnyR

John
Corporate Member
I've got the first version of this tool. As stated, Delta parts may be impossible to source. I've replaced the table raising belt, threaded posts, belt speed control. It's a real pain to work on this beast. If I had a few extra spouse approved bucks I'd sell mine in good working order for $300 and buy a supermax. PASS!

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
I've got the first version of this tool. As stated, Delta parts may be impossible to source. I've replaced the table raising belt, threaded posts, belt speed control. It's a real pain to work on this beast. If I had a few extra spouse approved bucks I'd sell mine in good working order for $300 and buy a supermax. PASS!
Thank you Johnny - I had already decided, but that is "REAL" helpful information!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS