Request for opinions

tandemsforus

John
User
I had one just and hated it. Bought it used and sold it for what I paid. Couple things I didn't care fore. I could never keep the feed belt running true, seemed like I did more adjusting than running. Second Its a 120 volt power, as in way way under powered. 120 volt just will not do justice on a wide piece of wood.....

Chris C

Chris
Senior User
I had one just and hated it. Bought it used and sold it for what I paid. Couple things I didn't care fore. I could never keep the feed belt running true, seemed like I did more adjusting than running. Second Its a 120 volt power, as in way way under powered. 120 volt just will not do justice on a wide piece of wood.....

Perhaps. My 22/44 is 1.5 hp and 120 volt. It's certainly not underpowered and I've done plenty of work on 20"+ pieces.

Ymmv

tandemsforus

John
User
Just to be clear here. Chris I am talking about the delta sander being under powered and I felt it was. I have no clue how your performax ran on 120 volts but I hope it was better then my delta's was. That motor couldn't get out of its own way. I used 12 gauge extension 15 feet long on a 20 amp circuit. If it was a 220 powered drum motor and had better tracking on the feed belt then I would have been happy.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS