New User
Bob
woodArtz has reported a post.

Reason:
Forum: General Woodworking
Assigned Moderators: McRabbet, MikeH

Posted by: saw4you
Original Content:
Sorry Matt, The holly you got was not the same holly that I am speaking of know, so the best thing I can say to you is to take you comment and shove them up your ***!!!!!! Call me if you have anything else to say

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
I'd say that kind of comment deserves an infraction. It's a pretty blatant violation of the policies.

MikeH

New User
Mike
Thanks for catching this and deleting the posts. Do you want me to send a pm? I have to say after being a member for so long it makes me angry that someone would disrespect the site and us by acting like this.

Last edited:

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Thanks for catching this and deleting the posts. Do you want me to send a pm? I have to say after being a member for so long it makes me angry that someone would disrespect the site and us by acting like this.

There has been a long exchange of pm's following my action. I'll post them when I am more awake:gar-Bi.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
There has been a long exchange of pm's following my action.
Both parties (and the site) would have been better off if they had left their comments in the PM Dept.

MikeH

New User
Mike
I'm assuming they have but, I'll ask the question anyway....have they been reprimanded?

TracyP

Tracy
I'm assuming they have but, I'll ask the question anyway....have they been reprimanded?
Absolutely. However Saw4u never replied to my pm's. Very distasteful in my opinion of both of them.

TracyP

Tracy
Part of the string:

hi Tracy, I have nothing to settle with Jack. This post was not a personal attack, just an opinion of the quality of the product. If I had posted a positive comment, it would have been left alone. If only positive comments are allowed to be posted, how can we trust the info? There should be both positive and negative opinions, otherwise they are all good ones, and we don't get the balance. Matt...

Originally Posted by TracyP Originally Posted by Matt Furjanic Why Tracy, I tell you why I posted that. Jack assured me that his holly was pure white thru and thru. My friend and I drove up there - 6 hours round trip. The holly was stained, and much of it was not dry as he advertised. Our subscribers need to know. Matt...

Sorry you had a bad experience with one of our members. These type of things should be handled between the two of you and not posted in the public forums. Jack has provided quality wood to many members here. In the world we live in, we cannot always guarantee the quality of the things mother nature provides us. I do not think that Jack would purposely sell something that he could not stand behind. I would suggest that you contact Jack for a resolution. He has been a member here for many years. I hope that the two of you can work it out in private. My job is to keep the peace among all members, and your post and Jack's reply violated that peace. I thank you for understanding.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Overall, a disappointing episode. I absolutely agree with the direction to take the dispute offline. Very nicely phrased too. But I also agree with Matt's statement about posting negative feedback. If a supplier/ vendor doesn't deliver, then that is good info to share. However, the vendor in question should first be given the opportunity to resolve the dispute, in private. It's far too easy to sling mud. Methinks there might be a policy in the making here. I know SMC referenced such a policy recently in a Grizzly-bashing fest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS