Reported Post by GarageWoodworks

Status
Not open for further replies.

ehpoole

Administrator
Ethan
While a little smartassed, I see no issue with junquecol's reply.

I've read through the thread and IMHO the only party in need of possible discipline is GarageWoodworks for being unwilling to accept the possibility he could be wrong against overwhelming evidence to the contrary... and now he wants us to tell his dissenters to shut-up.

He needs to be made aware of the fact that he does not "own" exclusive rights to a thread just because he created it... others are allowed to post contrary remarks so long as they are civilized in doing so.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Oh boy. Here's the problem. Garage... Is in fact a jerk, but Bruce is not allowed to say it it publicly. But this just shows that garage... Is a problem because he is creating very negative and emotional responses.

MikeH

New User
Mike
I'll just keep monitoring the thread. They are way over my head in the geometry department.

MikeH

New User
Mike
I've closed the thread. I think the subject was exhausted and was going to get ugly.

MikeH

New User
Mike
I just received a PM from Garage asking me to close his account and remove all his postings. I sent the following PM in reply:

MikeH said:
Brian,
I'm sorry you feel this way. It seems a little drastic to close your account. I'm certainly not a mathmatician so I couldn't keep up with the entire discussion, but it seemed to be getting out of hand and I felt it better to close it than let it get ugly.

Hopefully you will reconsider your request and stay on.

Thanks,
Mike

GarageWoodworks said:
Please close my account and remove any threads started by me.

Cheers,
Brian Grella

ehpoole

Administrator
Ethan
We can certainly close/delete his account, but I'm generally against the practice of deleting posts or threads to satisfy others demands, it just creates messy holes in discussions and/or punishes other participants in a thread whom have invested the time and effort in expanding on a topic.

cskipper

Cathy
I agree with not deleting posts by a user because they got mad and took their toys and went home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS