Renovating Workshop - Couple of Qustions

Status
Not open for further replies.

rick7938

New User
Rick
Just finished insulating and installing window AC in workshop. Getting ready to build new cabinets on each end of workshop.

Question: Should I build the shelves 12" deep or 16" deep? With 16" shelves, I am afraid that stuff will get lost behind other stuff.

Question: What is a good,small dust collector that will only be used on one tool at a time? I don't mind having to move the hose from tool to tool.

Thanks.

bobby g

Bob
Corporate Member
I'd go with 12" shelves athough a set a 6" would be good for fasteners. I can't offer any help on the DC.

bobby g

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Rick, I've made most of my shop cabinets (especially for hand tool storage) w/ either 6 or 8" shelves. Even w/ 8" you wind up w/ a lot of stuff hidden behind other stuff.

HTH

Bill

joec

joe
User
I recently installed the Oneida V3000 in my shop and had the old Penn State 1hp roll around DC left over. I now use it for the 12" disc sander and my bandsaw *** I did not hook those up to the cyclone. The thing I use it the most for is sweeping my shop. I purchased the floor sweep tool from Rockler and love how that works in my shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS