Red Oak Gloatin'-n-Hollerin'-n-Cussin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

max_in_graham

New User
Max
I know it's been awhile since I checked in and all...

But I've been a tad busy...

dscf0705.thumbnail.JPG

dscf0710.thumbnail.JPG

img_0203.JPG

dscf0735.JPG

dscf0726.JPG

This is all FS and QS Red Oak from the last Raleigh Lumber Run... plus a bit of oak from here off of my property.

It's been one heck of a battle doing this by myself, but I'm finally getting close to getting it done!

OK, you prolly figger'd out the gloatin' part... an' even the hollerin' part...

Here's the cussin'....

I'm gonna run short! :BangHead:

I'm looking for about 500BF of FS/QS... heck, AnyS!! I need 5/4 in 8", 6" and 4" in a good mix. I'd like everything at 10', but right now, I'll settle for 6's and 8's

Rough cut is fine, I'll plane it out unless someone's practically giving away milled lumber.

I'm actually happy with one room I did have enough lumber for....

img_0184.JPG

I know it probably looks like a cedar lined closet, but it's what is called an isolation booth. Often singers do a preliminary take, or a guitar player's just plain too loud. In those instances, we shove em' in this little room to get away from everyone else.

Appreciate the read, and if anyone knows of a decent source of some red oak, I'd appreciate a word as to who I should contact. I'd really like to pick the lumber within the week, if you might know of anyone with that much lumber.

Thanx!
Max

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Max, I have a lot of 5/4 and 4/4 red and white oak coming out of the kiln for the next lumber run around labor day weekend. Lots of 10" boards in this load too, and a good mix of QS and FS.

There are even some 18" wide QSRO boards, and some 20" wide FSRO boards.

I don't know if you can wait that long or not...

Scott

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
Max, you have been busy. Things are looking much different now than they were when I was there. Good luck on finding enough wood. Sounds like Scott may be able to help.

max_in_graham

New User
Max
Scott,

Out of necessity of dealing with the logistics of getting the studio done, I at least have to look around elsewhere for some red oak.

But more than likely, I'll be putting in my order for about 500-ish BF.

I really was surprised at how fast the ceiling and walls have eaten up the 1600 bd ft I started with. The spacing on the boards is what made it all but impossible to predict the actual usage.

Now that I'm in the middle of it, I'll be able to more accurately get a sense of how much I need.

I'll let you know soon, about my order.

Thanx!
Max

max_in_graham

New User
Max
Well, I got a coupla' emails and called around to a few places. I ended up calling the folks at The Hardwood Store who were able to come up with what I hope will be just exactly what I'm looking for... and at a darn good price, too!

It looks like their supplier will be able to get it to me S4S as well!

They should be delivering Friday, or most likely, Monday.

WOOOOO HOOOOOOO!

max_in_graham

New User
Max
Yeah, we've purchased lumber from them before. They're good folks, they have good pricing and in my case, they were able to scrounge up what I expect to be; exactly what I needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS