recovering 8 chairs, other ww time eaters

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
sorry about low quality phone pic:
chairs1.jpg

Priced a couple of places that wanted over $100 per chair; we did all 8 for about $45 total for cloth and staples. Serious discount on the cloth.

I have started one of my kids in Fletcher Academy to address the learning difficulties that were making a public middle school a really bad fit. He has turned around completely, so it is worth every dime. But it's a lot of dimes so I am working longer hours and now that he is excited about school and brings home the things he needs to do I spend a lot of time helping him with homework (at least it is no longer a battle).

I have to put together a practice drum set and install a blu-ray home theater over the next couple of days, but maybe Monday (my birthday) I will get a chance to make some chips...

Should be a fabulous Christmas for the kids; that's where most of my energy goes lately...

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Great job there Andy!:eusa_danc

Sure beats a trip to the upholstering shop with a fat wallet in tow.

I think that the private school was a good choice and I will lay money that he will do very well.

(We had a similar situation when our youngest daughter entered HS. Too many not so good distractions, so took her out of the public school and she completed HS through a Charter School. It worked out very well and she was well prepared for college upon graduation.)

Happy Holidays

Wayne

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
Thanks. My wife invited a couple of people to Christmas dinner and let me know the "one of these days" recovering operation was now a priority. A couple of the chairs were pretty embarrassing. We did it together; unless you have one of those cloth stretchers, it is pretty much a 2 person job if you want them centered and wrinkle free (I was informed that we did :) ).

Yeah, it s a good feeling to see the improvement in my son, and it extends to more than school. The confidence boost affects life in a more general positive way. The wood can wait for me.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Nice job on the chairs Andy. And congratulations on your son's progress. Been there, done that, and I know EXACTLY what you're feeling now that you're seeing improvement. :eusa_clap

Bill

mark2

Mark
Corporate Member
Great job on the chairs and the progress your son is making - Confidence in your own abilities is among the more important attributes a person can have.:eusa_clap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS