Reclaimed Pine Table

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry Rose

New User
Larry Rose
A friend asked if I would rebuild an old work table that had been made with wood from a house that was 200 yrs old. When he brought to the shop I started laughing. This thing wasn't even good for firewood. It looked like some kid had been given a hammer, a bucket of nails and some scrap pine and went at it. It wouldn't even stand up by its self but I told him I would try. First I tore it apart and removed about a million nails. There was old paint spills, oil spills and general grunge. I almost gave up until I planed a piece. It was beautiful. Some of the wood was beyond hope so I decided to use the rest to make a different style table. This is what I came up with. The legs had been rounded by hand most likely with a plane or draw knife. They don't taper enough in my opinion but I let them stay that way. I wish I had taken a before picture. The finish is BLO, shellac and dark Brie Wax.
DSC_1427.JPG

llucas

luke
Senior User
Larry
I always enjoy seeing your work...and this is no exception. I especially like the way you let the simple, natural beauty speak for itself with no contrived elegance. This piece has great curb appeal, and an embedded story. Thanks for sharing.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Nicely done Larry.

Hmmm, 200 year old house? Sounds like something from the land of the longleaf pine-heartpine perhaps. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS