Recent Turnings

JohnnyR

John
Corporate Member
Love your work as always. #2 is also my favorite. At first glance I thought you went to open segment turning as the maple seems translucent.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Charlie,
It’s all your fault. It started at the NCWW picnic in May of 2014 when you brought some of your work and displayed it. The second I picked up the large vase, took in the detail and felt its lack of heft, I was hooked. Since then I’ve worked like a dog at my real job so that “some day” I would have the time, shop and tools to pursue a similar path to express myself in wood. In the interim I built a nice shop in Ramseur that I built some very nice furniture in. Then work brought me to the coast so I sold my place in Ramseur and moved to our original small 2nd house in Newport and had to put my entire shop into storage while we remodeled and added a shop onto what was to become our new permanent home. That work is done and my shop is almost completely finished. My real job is coming to a planned, pleasant end in June. I will soon have as much time as I choose to combine my previous fundamental skills with my rapidly improving turning knowledge and apply it to segmented work. Stuart Kent sold me a Rikon 70-3040 and I’m loving the machine. I’ve added a couple sanders, a few CBN wheels and some of Doug Thompson’s jewelry to my arsenal and have been busy building sleds and assembly jigs. I’ve a dozen or so perfect rings completed and I’m getting ready to assemble my first simple piece. However, I’ve spent a fair amount of time designing future projects and I have numerous layouts and cut lists completed. All I need is time and that comes in June. So......be forewarned Charlie- I’m gunning for ya!

Beautiful work as usual but the 3D feature ring is my favorite. Even better, I now have a pretty good idea of how you built it!

All the best,
‘Jeff Schmucker
THAT RIGHT THERE!!!

This is what NCWW means to me - the inspiration, suggestions, ideas to pursue something you wouldn't have or perhaps didn't even know about prior to an introduction or suggestion here on the forum!

Thank you Charlie for being an inspiration and thank you Jeff for sharing you journey.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS