Sapele, Maple, Peruvian Walnut
10"H x 7 1/2"D - 545 Pcs.
101_3695.JPG

View image in gallery
Sapele - 10"D - 145 Pcs.
101_3697.JPG

View image in gallery
Sapele - 10"D - 145 Pcs.​

These are all for Christmas gifts, along with some past turnings.
Thanks for looking. All comments welcome​

Happy Holidays to everyone!​

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
amazing! tween you and earl I can't tell who has the most time on their hands. :-D nice work Charlie!

Nelson

New User
Nelson
Awesome! :thumbs_up:thumbs_up Wish I was on your gift list. I'm sure they will be enjoyed by those who receive them. Thanks for posting the woods you used.

Rhythm House Drums

New User
Kevin
Excellent work. I've been thinking about getting into segmented turning but haven't attempted it yet. What tools do you feel (aside from a lathe) are most important for making the segments. I've been looking at building a table saw sled for the small pieces, and am also thinking a disc sander to flatten up the pieces before glue up...?

Any words of wisdom or resources I should check out?

Thanks

Bugle

Preston
Corporate Member
Nice one's Charlie. I had not seen the one with the zebra wood....I like it. By the way, I've been practicing with your tools (nothing I'm ready to share here yet). I asked for some tools for Christmas, so hopefully Santa will be good to me! After the holiday hubub settles down I will call you to help me make some of the Easy Wood tools. Have a wonderful Christmas!

Charlie

Charlie
Corporate Member
Again, Thanks for all the kind remarks.

Kevin, a good sled for your table saw is a must, although many segmenters use a chop saw. Some folks sand all segments before assembly, but I use an 80 tooth blade and the joints are perfect right off the saw. Once rings are glued up I run them through a drum sander, but they can be trued up on the lathe by sticking them onto a faceplate with carpet tape and sanding. I have most of the bells and whistles as far as equipment goes, but most is not necessary, just makes things easier. If you really want to get into segmenting, purhase the book "The Art of Segmented Wood Turning" by Malcolm Tibbetts. He is probably the "King" of segmenting. Visit his website, tahoeturner.com. He does fabulous work.
I live near Raleigh so if you are ever coming this way, let me know ahead of time and we can plan a shop tour.
Charlie

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Goodness Charlie,

Those are all GREAT~! I especially like the second to last one, That is a BEAUTY~! I would to have that plan, or a how to on how you did it. I am STUNNED, Shocked, and Amazed every time I see your Outstanding work.

Thanks for sharing & Merry Christmas~!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS