recent project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

New User
Phil Capper
well I finished the entertainment center in time for xmas. Boy does pine mess up blades and knives.

Attachments

• PICT0003.JPG
    PICT0003.JPG
    97.4 KB · Views: 228
  • PICT0004.JPG
    PICT0004.JPG
    79.2 KB · Views: 217
  • PICT0005.JPG
    PICT0005.JPG
    91.7 KB · Views: 227

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Wow.......great job Phil, your entertainment center looks great.:eusa_clap I like your raised panels. What method did you use to raise them? Shaper, router table, or TS? What type of finish are you going to put on it?

D L

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Very nice, is it a comissioned piece? Will there be back panels added or are the spaces left open for access to the electronic components? I have never worked with Pine, I am surprised that you would say it was tough on blades. I have worked with re-claimed Heart Pine, but that is almost a different species of pine and that is very tough to work with. Great job, you should be proud:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Dave:)

Phil

New User
Phil Capper
tablel saw raised panels. commision piece, no back panels per customer, finish lacquer

Monty

New User
Monty
oops... thought I had posted in this thread this weekend... :oops:

Congrats on the project - I like it a lot. Couple of questions just out of curiosity - I know you commented on the finish, but does the customer intend to paint this? Also, how did you do the cove moldings?

Phil

New User
Phil Capper
customer has decided to finish it naturally with lacquer, so I gave it a coat of sanding sealer prior to her picking it up. Cove is on the TS with a beaded edge at the top

P

PrplHrtJarHead

This is why I joined this website. To see all that can be produced by one's own hand is inspiring. Great Job Phil. It is fantastic and I'm sure the customer will be more than pleased. I hope to be at that level someday.

PrplHrtJarhead

Jay

New User
Jay
Phil,

Great job! Very impressive work. I am sure you will earn a lot of referrals on work like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS