Recent Build (not the norm around here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randall Kepley

New User
Randall
Hey Guys and Gals thought you might like to take a look at these , kinda out of the norm around here but dont let them fool you the different elements here arent that easy to accomplish , thanks for looking. R.K.

Picture004Medium.jpg

Picture012Medium.jpg

Picture014Medium.jpg

Picture019Medium.jpg

Picture037Medium.jpg

Picture028Medium.jpg

Picture052Medium.jpg

Picture016Medium.jpg

Picture047Medium.jpg

Picture050Medium.jpg

Picture059Medium.jpg

T

toolferone

Very nice looking, but how do they sound? Did you use 1" thick mdf for the box? Please explain the front black area. It looks like a different piece.

b4man

New User
Barbara
Now those are some very nice speakers! Thank you for posting these pix! :icon_thum

Woodman2k

Greg Bender
Corporate Member
Randall,
real nice set of boxes,grain match looks great.Where do you get your components and baffle board?
Greg

bluedawg76

New User
Sam
Awesome!!!!!! I"ve been thinking about building a set of speakers, but have been slowly eeking along the learning curve on the electronics side. Any suggestions for good references as to design of the speakers/ baffles and the crossovers?

Sam

pviser

New User
paul
Ditto on reprosser's question: Is it wenge? Is it veneer? The grain is certainly beautiful, and is highlighted by its angled presentation on the boxes. Good job.

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
randall are those for you? I need to swing by and see them. :) I've thought about doing that in the past as well. I want to eventually build a set w/Sub for my bonus room upstairs.

They are awesome by they way. How do they sound?

Joe Lyddon

New User
Joe Lyddon
Beautiful Speakers!

How did you mount the Speaker board and mesh to the main box?

MDF covered with veneer? Great job! :icon_cheers

Thank you for sharing...

eyekode

New User
Salem
Nice to see another speaker builder around here! Building speaker is what got me working with wood. I have used the same tweeter too. I like it a lot.

Great veneer work too. I like how you overlapped the tweeter to get closer C2C spacing. I have also seen people route the faceplate.

Thanks for posting!
Salem

Randall Kepley

New User
Randall
Guys sorry I havent had a chance to reply to your questions , lets just say its been a long weekend. But anyway there were several questions on the type of veneer and was it "Wenge" and it isnt. Its Italian Ebony and this stuff is stunning! As to the way they sound, I finaly got to hear them this weekend and man are they Incredible! For those interested heres the original thread on Audio Circle which talks about the ins and outs of the build and at the end you see the results as the speakers were tested and the sound run through a real-time analyzer the transmission line is dead flat! And for those who dont know what this means, it means these speakers sound very , very , SWEET ! ! ! Give it a read, its pretty good. R.K.

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=98776.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS