Really good customer service - from 2 vendors

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
I ordered some glass retainer clips from Rockler and all that arrived from USPS was the single sheet of instructions to return the product if not satisfied in a postal envelope - not the original packaging. Obviously something happened to the product in transit and that was all that was left. I called Rockler and explained this and the lady I spoke to said they would immediately ship out replacement product. It arrived 2 days later. Mistakes happen, but it is how they are handled that makes all the difference.

I've also recently had a similar, pleasant experience with Klingspor, where they replaced an incorrect part with no questions asked and no expense to me. I continue to do business with both outfits because of the superior way they treat their customers.

BThompson

New User
Bill
Thanks for the great info Ken. We always hear about bad experiences from companies but very little about good experiences!

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
There are still a few companies out there that get it. Happy customers return again and again.

I have been doing business with Klingspor and Rockler for years because of the way they treat their customers. Many other vendors do not get my business any more because customer satisfaction seems to be looked at as more of an expense than as an asset. Kudos to you Ken, for pointing this out.

NOTW

Notw
Senior User
Customer service, good or bad can make a HUGE difference in if I will continue to buy from a certain place. Sometimes its the little things that make a huge difference. I recently placed an order with Tools for Working Wood, they had an option for packaging instructions so I asked for them to draw a flower on it, sure enough when I got it there was a flower. It doesn't change the product or the shipping but it means to me that they took the time to read this request and make an effort, that is huge to me in a world of get things done as fast as possible.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
A quote I once heard:

"It takes years to build a relationship with a customer; and only minutes to destroy it."

dancam

Dan
Corporate Member
Not related to ww'g but another good example. I have a 5+ year old Fiskers manual reel mower that I bought on CL about 2 yrs ago. It works great for my small lawn. Recently I noticed the front small wheels are deteriorating.

I went to the website looking for parts but could not find. I e-mailed them explaining that I had a second hand reel mower and need to purchase replacement wheels for the front.

Yesterday I received an e-mail saying the replacement wheels are being shipped and they thanked me for using their product.....now that is what I call great customer service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS