Reaction time and Points?

danmart77

Dan
Corporate Member
When I see my avatar, I see Reaction time and points with a post. Can you bring me up to speed on this or point me towards the breakdown posted earlier? Thank you

Jeff

New User
Jeff
This is what I see. Where does the "Reaction time and points with a post" come from?

Screen Shot 2019-06-14 at 11.10.11 AM.png

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Jeff,
Dan is talking about this:

The system is keeping track of certain things. XenForo has a lot of "Back office" stuff. Ron or one of the other Admins would know how much or how little we are using currently and what we will do in the future...

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Reaction score is how many times people click the "like, thanks, etc.).

Points is a Xenforo system we ignore, It gives points for posts and likes.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Jeff,
Dan is talking about this:
View attachment 186436

The system is keeping track of certain things. XenForo has a lot of "Back office" stuff. Ron or one of the other Admins would know how much or how little we are using currently and what we will do in the future...

Thanks Hank. Those things seem largely unnecessary but maybe they're embedded in the Xenforo package.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thanks Hank. Those things seem largely unnecessary but maybe they're embedded in the Xenforo package.
I belive they are embedded tools in Xenforo.
Perhaps unnecessary, unless you use them to gauge engagement or other tracking purposes to encourage more or less of something!
For example, what if we wanted to do away with a forum topic - how many times has someone gone there, what topics in a certain forum garnered interaction and which ones devolved into "unacceptable" NCWW behavior?!

ehpoole

Administrator
Ethan
In many respect they are no different to the stats we generated in the old site that indicated how many “thanks” you earned versus how many you had awarded and the ratio of “thanks” per post tally. It’s really more of a metric for those interested to gauge how useful others may have found their posting history. If a good percentage of your posts have earned a like then you std probably having a very net positive impact on this site and helping others...if you have lots of posts and never a like then maybe one may which to consider the relevance of their posts, or not. Of course, those metrics are going to be rather out of whack for us old timers since the old stats did not carry over to the new site, so we can easily have many thousands of posts to our history and rather few likes at present since our last progress was effectively zeroed out in terms of “likes” or “thanks” earned.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS