Re-built Nativity scene

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
My wife had this old cardboard Nativity scene from her childhood and she asked me if could make it better. I wasn't gonna post it because it kinda sucks but she said that I should, because she loves it and it is much better than the original. The figurines are a little pittiful, and I completly copied the design of the original. It's made with 1/4 exterior Luan ply and some scrap Mahogany for the glue blocks, and roof edging. I picked up a new light for it at Lowe's, the old one had cloth covered wires and several bare spot in that. The base is Cherry. Yes I got majorly sidetracked from my new DT jig, but I kept the LOML happy, and "If Mama's happy, everone's happy". Thanks for looking, Dave:)

GrandonesNativity004.jpg

And with the light on and no flash
GrandonesNativity007.jpg

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Copied or not.......thats a nice job Dave. Did you use a scrollsaw to cut out the walls?

D L

TimRice

New User
Tim
Dave, you're being a little hard on yourself. It looks great! In fact it looks better that most I see in people's homes.

Now get back to that DT Jig!

DaveO

New User
DaveO
DL, I cut the whole thing out with the scroll saw, it was just as easy as cutting the straight outside parts on the BS, and I needed the practice.

Tim, the camera adds much to the picture, really it isn't one of my best works, but if the wife is happy with it I've done my job. I really should have a taken a picture of the original, it was almost comical.

Clay, I am productive, just as a rabbit pooping on Ex-lac:lol: don't let my post count fool you I can crank out the woodworking crap as well as I can type about it:lol: :lol:

Thanks for ya'lls complements, often ya'll are the reason I get something done, just so I can show my friends:-D
Dave:)

sapwood

New User
Roger
DaveO,

Don't let us slow you down :eusa_hand

We love seeing your stuff and admire your energy :cool:

Sapwood

cskipper

Cathy
It was nice to be able to recreate this from her childhood one. I know that meant a lot to her. Regardless of how you feel the craftmanship is, it's great.

sapwood

New User
Roger
DaveO said:
Clay, I am productive, just as a rabbit pooping on Ex-lac:lol: don't let my post count fool you I can crank out the woodworking crap as well as I can type about it:lol: :lol:

Drogar-Mark-05%28DBG%29.gif
DaveO, the Busy Beaver--

Sapwood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS