RDU CL - Makita 2030 Planer&.Jointer - Lifetime tool?

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
not mine, not endorsing
This is a combo machine that is not convertible - same motor seems to run both the 300mm (12") planer and the 155mm (5") jointer, but no conversion from one function to another. The pic shows that these functions are side by side on the Makita 2030, unlike the convertible units (Jet models) which use the same cutter head for both functions (jointer on top and planer below. Electrical requirements are normal 120V 15A circuit. Dust collection is non-existent.
Owner of this machine notes that planer rollers need replacement, and my quick internet search (mostly a single informative post on Lumberjocks) indicates that this is a beast of a tool that has a common failure of the planer rollers. Lots of info in these posts about how/where to recover/replace those rollers, and costs involved.
Anyone looking for a 'lifetime tool' that is isn't filled with plastic gears (although jointer fence seems to have some Al brackets where screws may strip), this looks like a fair price on what you might need. I am tempted because don't have a jointer, but I have a similar quality BelSaw 12" planer that will never die.

Henry

Wood Planner Joyner

Wood Planner Joyner - $355 (North Raleigh)
image 1 of 3

00D0D_7WVU8tb4nqu_600x450.jpg

00l0l_eHJEdlWmabU_600x450.jpg

make / manufacturer: Makita
Older model Makita 300 mm planner joiner. Works fine. The planner will require new feed rollers.
This is very heavy.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS