RDU CL - delta dc 380 planer - $250 (durham)

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
not mine, not endorsing, but for the mechanically inclined this looks like a deal (assuming you can assess functionality).

Henry

https://raleigh.craigslist.org/tls/d/durham-delta-dc-380-planer/6853036182.html

delta dc 380 planer - $250 (durham)
image 4 of 4

00n0n_bEahXzRb9qT_600x450.jpg

00J0J_gJuAuVwqqQ1_600x450.jpg

00y0y_kzu3iKxRM6l_600x450.jpg

6434.png
6434.png
6435.png
6435.png

marker-shadow.png

marker-icon.png

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
2210 kate st
(google map)
Delta dc 380 planer model 22 675 missing gear on side othewise in good shape

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
A really good planer EXCEPT, it's a parts machine. From the photo, it appears the shaft with the missing gear has twisted off. The problem is far greater and from visual evidence, the entire shaft and missing gear must be replaced. Possibly other damage unseen, but the big problem is one Delta is now famous for, NO PARTS ARE AVAILABLE TO FIX THIS! It's the biggest reason I no longer will buy any Delta machinery. When any model Delta machine is dropped from production, so are the manufacture of replacement parts for that model. Buyer do your homework!

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
Thanks Bruce, I don't have experience refurbing equipment like this, but yes the name plate of Delta would in fact make me wary (for the reason you gave). Thanks for the heads-up, not that I was going to buy it.

Ed Fasano

Ed
Senior User
A really good planer EXCEPT, it's a parts machine. From the photo, it appears the shaft with the missing gear has twisted off. The problem is far greater and from visual evidence, the entire shaft and missing gear must be replaced. Possibly other damage unseen, but the big problem is one Delta is now famous for, NO PARTS ARE AVAILABLE TO FIX THIS! It's the biggest reason I no longer will buy any Delta machinery. When any model Delta machine is dropped from production, so are the manufacture of replacement parts for that model. Buyer do your homework!
Thank you for the sage caution.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors