Ray Pine woodworker at school in Virginia

Status
Not open for further replies.

danmart77

Dan
Corporate Member
https://woodandshop.com/?wysija-pag...mail_id=55&wysijap=subscriptions&user_id=7457

I am on the mailing list for Wood and Shop. This is a woodworking school up in Virginia. Lots of talented instructors and interesting projects to consider if you want to enroll in a class to build something and take it home.

I have known Ray from a forum "Knots" that was a popular FWW forum for subscribers to the magazine. It was a lively forum that centered around furniture as you can imagine. Ray would jump in and share his experience quite often. We crossed paths when he mentioned that he also made pieces from Old Salem NC.

If you visit the address above you will see he is doing some teaching on the box below and a small cabinet. Over the years I have built a bunch of these and I have worked out the challenges connected to making these intricate boxes that the Moravians built back in the 18th century.

I have to drink my coffee and get started on a brake job on a '97 Ford F-150. Man the wheels are getting heavy.

later

tools_and_brass_0021.JPG

tools_and_brass_0071.JPG

Last edited:

VTHokie

New User
John
Thank you for posting Dan - not too far from Richmond so I definitely plan on taking advantage of some of these classes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS