Rational comments on DC ductwork.

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
This was a link from the Clear View WEB. It passes the basic "sniff test" as I understand physics.
A key point is that codes banning PVC are for 1500 CFM and higher, which even my expected new CV1500 won't do in reality.

If I had a commercial shop, or one shared like a store or club, I would pay close attention to the NFPA code. One thing I am not going to do is run a wire through the ducts or stick in a screw every 4 inches.

I notice that the services to design a system for you all only specify metal ducts. I believe this is more to do with liability than actual safety.

I struggled building my prototype with metal pipe. Expensive, royal pain, and not happy with the results. I still really wish my line to the TS was below the floor and am considering cutting the slab to install said. ( with another cut to run the power) I may redo a good part of it with PVC. If I do bury the TS line, then I can have all my blast gates on the rigid pipes where now, one must be on a flex line, so without a pretty low relief valve, might tear itself apart if not enough gates were open.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS