Rate this kitchen design

Willemjm

Willem
Corporate Member
My partner normally do these, but our software licence is about to expire, so I am doing this one with a new program killing two birds with one stone. Evaluate the new software, plus do a client design.

Give us some ideas of what you would be happy or not happy with?

There is not much kitchen space in the building plan, so it is really tight.
1.) There was a wall between the sun room and the kitchen, which I changed to a knee wall, so I can get an island in.
2.) Pots and pans go into the drawers next to the range.
3.) Trash can pull out is at the end of the island.
4.) Microwave is next to the refrigerator.

Would have been nice if I could stack the wall cabinets up and down, with the 10' ceilings, but there is simply not enough space to fit 15" wall cabinets. The wall corner cabinets have glass doors and the diagonals do however provide a bit of aesthetics.

BTW, that took about 20 minutes to do from scratch, using ProKitchen. The cabinets are the actual style and color exactly as they will be purchased, which is what the customer is leaning towards.

Kitchen view 1.jpg

Kitchen-view-2.jpg

Kitchen view 3.jpg

Kitchen view 4.jpg

chris_goris

Chris
Senior User
Its a small kitchen with very little storage as shown. Im comparing it to my current kitchen in my house, its very similar. the difference at my house is I have a walk in pantry for food storage etc. Im assuming the DW is in the island? Can the opening next to the refrigerator be pushed to add a pantry cabinet next to it?

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
I would remove more of the wall-back to the edge of the corner cabinet Then change the adjoining cabinet (looks like a 8” wide) to open shelves or a display cabinet with glass on the 12” side

Willemjm

Willem
Corporate Member
Looks great, another to look into and it is FREE; ECABINETS come from a cnc manufacturer, this is the one I use. draw entities from their library, input sizes and instant cabinet,PLUS aslo generated the code to send to cnc if you had one. Well worth looking into. eCabinet Systems 3D Design Software
Sky, I have been using Ecabinets for many years. I actually did my own house with Ecabinets. The difference is Ecabinets is great for building your own cabinets, something this software cannot do. This software uses cabinets from hundreds of manufacturers, local and import, renders the same images as in the manufacturers catalogue and does the price proposals for the customer plus the order for the manufacturer. For example, I can use a Marsh shaker cabinet in their available color, a Bosch dishwasher out of their catalogs etc. While we can do this in Ecabinets, it would take much more work and the order list as well as the customer quote would have to be done manually.

This package can send the customer a text message or/and email, allowing them to walk through the room with a 360 degree view ability and the ability to open and close cabinet doors. Either on their smart phones or computer.

Try this link for a different design below to check it out.

Last edited:

Willemjm

Willem
Corporate Member
Its a small kitchen with very little storage as shown. Im comparing it to my current kitchen in my house, its very similar. the difference at my house is I have a walk in pantry for food storage etc. Im assuming the DW is in the island? Can the opening next to the refrigerator be pushed to add a pantry cabinet next to it?
Yes DW shown next to sink base in second rendering. Unfortunately the refrigerator cabinet wall cannot be extended and there is no more space to use.

A good idea though, food storage space is an issue here.

Retired lady, lives alone. Might be OK, otherwise we will have to look at the building plans to change.

Willemjm

Willem
Corporate Member
Thinking about that again, the two easy reach base corner cabinets offer a lot of storage space. The manufacturer supplies them either with shelves, or lazy Susan. All those options can be selected from the manufacturers catalog in the software, including the current pricing for additions or modifications.

Last edited:

Willemjm

Willem
Corporate Member
If you can shrink your cabinets on the right of the refrigerator you could add a pantry like these examples. 9 inch depth floor to ceiling would give you quite a bit of storage.
View attachment 205879View attachment 205880
That is a great idea!!!!

We can't purchase that though, so it means I have to make it and will not be able to copy this manufacturers door profile. They can supply a 24 deep though, so that may be an option should the customer need more. On second thoughts we can probably buy the 24 deep as an RTA and cut it down to whatever.

Last edited:

Ecr1

Chuck
Senior User
That’s what I would do Willem, get something close with doors and cut it down to fit your needs.

JohnnyR

John
Corporate Member
It may not be in the budget but "fake" doors on the sides of exposed cabinets would look better. I would try to fit the garbage pull out left of the sink so it's closer to the prep area and you don't have to step around an open DW to scrape off food.

JohnnyR

John
Corporate Member
That is a great idea!!!!

We can't purchase that though, so it means I have to make it and will not be able to copy this manufacturers door profile. They can supply a 24 deep though, so that may be an option should the customer need more. On second thoughts we can probably buy the 24 deep as an RTA and cut it down to whatever.
If you make a flat panel door, you could use two manufactured doors applied to it.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Looks great. One option to save space is to put the microwave over the range. You lose the nice hood, but you get some more cabinet space.

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
I love the pantry add beside the refrigerator. I do not like glass doors, they limit what you can put inside, it’s gotta look ’nice’. Solid doors because storage is more important.

Bear Republic

Steve
Corporate Member
From a cooks perspective these are going in my next kitchen. Having a little slide out shelves to hold a single column of spices. On overall space if you can ask the client what they had before and compare. If she has a lot of appliances you can create an appliance garage on the counter.

On the top down view there seems to be something on the side off the frig infront of the cabinet.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS