Raleigh Klingspor Event

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Given Dennis' post in the meeting minutes thread, I thought I would start a separate thread about it.

Rob, didn't I understand you to say you would be doing the Klingspor Raleigh Show? ScottM is offering to assist if he needs to be involved. The situation with my wife's foot precludes me from taking many long trips at present & I do plan to make the Fall Picnic for sure.

Typically, don't we need volunteers to do demos and to to man the NCWWer table?

Perhaps this has all been setup already, but if not, we need to get a thread going ASAP to get some people involved. This event is less than two weeks away. Scott has offered to help and I say we take him up on his offer.

As for me, I will be leaving that Monday to go out to the West coast for two weeks and would like to spend as much time as possible with Christy that weekend. I'll volunteer to work the table in the morning for a while. That's really about all I can do.

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
read -
Trent, yes we always rely on our members to volunteer their time and man such events.
I can't get to Raleigh then. Hopefully some of our crew is working on this.
Guys? (non-gender specific wording, of course ladies!)

M

McRabbet

I cannot do the Raleigh show -- I had committed to organize the Hickory event, so Dennis was wrong in his statement. And I can only be there on Friday, 10/21.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Looks like I'm the only one from the BOD that can make it. Totally understandable as I'm the only one in the area. Thankfully, ScottM has offered his assistance. It is very important that I post a thread tomorrow asking for volunteers for the event. From what I know, in the past, we have had a very strong presence at this event and given the fact that it's less than two weeks away, I would like to start that thread as soon as possible.

Question:

Where is the NCWWer banner and all of the things that we normally have for events? From what I recall those items reside with Dennis or Reggie currently??? I need to get those items up here ASAP....

b4man

New User
Barbara
I offered to assist Trent as a BoD member in attending at some point. I will still plan on pulling a shift there. At the moment, I've had both parents experiencing serious health problems tho. I spent yesterday in the ER with my dad for the second time this month. He wound up in Rehab/Nursing the last time and lord knows what or where after this event. My step mother has been in and out of UNC Hospital within the past two weeks. So hard as I try little I've planned has panned out lately.

Re: the banner and other materials, we didn't have them at the Stanley County event and not sure who has them or where they are.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
I now have the banner & other items picked up from Reggie last Saturday. Someone can give me an address & I will UPS what you need for the event.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Dennis,

You can ship them to me at:

Trent Mason
1932 Hidden Knoll Place Apt 206
Raleigh, NC 27606

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
As for the Hickory event, maybe I can hand them off to Barbara (if you are able to make it to the Raleigh event). If not, I'm sure we can figure something out.

M

McRabbet

I have changed my schedule around and will attend the Raleigh Showcase all day Saturday. We need people to enter projects and to participate with scroll sawing and pen turning demonstrations. Paul does not need judges, but we need to help with registration on Friday afternoon (3PM to 6PM). I'll be there to cover registrations/check-in on Saturday morning (7:30 AM to 9:30 AM) and then will man our NC WW booth for most of the morning. Per my comments in the PM to BoD memebrs and ScottM, I have committed NCWW to give $75 for one of the major prizes. I am going to revitalize Paul's oroginal thread to see if we can get some more member participation with entries and/or as demonstrators.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Since NCWW will not have any judges in the event, would it be appropriate to ask any members around here that want to submit if I could bring up & submit their entries for them as I come?

M

McRabbet

Entries should be made using the form posted in the event announcement (see Coming Events and download the PDF file in Paul's thread). If members cannot attend but want to enter, I'd suggest that a call be placed to Paul Rolfe to ask about bringing entries on Saturday morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS