Raleigh CL - Ridgid Oscillating Sander - $80 (Raleigh-Durham)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
not mine... all the usual disclaimers.

Previous posts regarding acquisition of this tool have elicited a lot of "I love this thing" responses, so if you're in the market for something like this, this MAY be an opportunity

Henry W

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/tls/2621698632.html

Rigid (Ridgid) Oscillating Sander - $80 (Raleigh-Durham)

Date: 2011-09-28, 10:37AM EDT
Reply to: sale-mw4eh-2621698632@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Rigid Oscillating Sander. Lightly used. Must Go. Part number: EB44241. Serial Number: X062454604.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

jhreed

New User
james
Somebody better jump on this. I used mine for 2 hours today. Still love it. Paid 199.00 plus tax for mine, it was still a good deal. This one looks to have had no, or very little use.
James

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
Emailed the guy yesterday morning when the ad came out and told him if it ran I would take it. He finally replied yesterday afternoon and told me he wasn't available to show it until Monday.:icon_scra Emailed him back and left a voice mail that Monday would be fine if that was when he could meet with me. We'll see how it turns out and if I actually get it.......I'm not holding my breath. :gar-Bi

Brian.

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
It sure is a sweet deal! I would also be quite interested in it, but the tools I will be buying soon are more for general construction than fine woodworking. Good Luck!

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
the tools I will be buying soon are more for general construction than fine woodworking.

Thanks Pete. I'm sure, as most folks on here would probably point out, nothing I do even borders on "fine woodworking", but I could still find some uses for it!! :rotflm::rotflm::rotflm::rotflm::rotflm::rotflm:

Brian.

AmishWarlord

New User
Mitch
I like mine but did run into one problem. When I make parts templates I trace the part unto tracing paper and then glue it to the wood. I cut almost to the line with the scroll saw and then move to the sander. Well when I tried to sand a part with this sander It tended to peel the paper up rather than sanding it off with the wood.

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
It sure is a sweet deal! I would also be quite interested in it, but the tools I will be buying soon are more for general construction than fine woodworking. Good Luck!

This one may be of interest to you. I called the guy since the ad did not indicate when this is happening. He will be stting up tomorrow for the garage sale on Saturday. I may have to drive up to see what they are selling.

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/mat/2623389211.html

LARGE Garage Sale (corner Lake Wheeler & Tryon)

Date: 2011-09-29, 10:16AM EDT
Reply to: sale-3pwyd-2623389211@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Partial list of items:

LOTS OF power tools - full DeWalt set, etc...
Multiple Hand Tools

Goodman HVAC unit-- gas pack, Mod # GPG10240701A, Ser # 0506170796 - Electric A/C - 2005 model year
Rinnai tankless water heater -- gas, Mod # REU-V2532W-US, Ser # 05.05-114577
Electric panel box w/breakers
Full box double 5" Driftwood vinyl siding
Random length structural lumber -- lvl, PT 2x10's
Color TV's -- old school box type
Truck Box -- 1 w/ keys & lock , 1 w/o keys
Various electrical stuff -- cover plates etc. . .
Misc bits, hand tools, lights, vent covers, foundation vents, etc...

This is just my list, I am still getting the list from the other 2 Contractors-

Thanks for looking

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: 2623389211

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
You can get rebuilt Rigid Tools at the Direct Tools outlet in Mebane, NC and Commerce, GA. I've seen these Osc. Spindle/Belt sanders for $129 with a full warranty there. Catch them for a sale and you're out the door for ~$100.00.

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
Well, someone got a good deal on this but it turned out to not be me.:gar-Cr
I was supposed to be meeting up with the guy at lunch time today to pick up the sander, or that was supposed to be the plan. After he didn't return my last few emails or voice mails to firm up the details I called a few more times this morning and finally got him in person a few minutes ago. To my surprise he informed me that he had just sold the sander so it wasn't available any longer....wait....what!!!!!!:kamahlitu It wasn't worth discussing any further at that point so I just thanked him for his time and moved on. I didn't have an urgent need for one, but at that price who could refuse, I'm sure there will be others to stumble upon and I'm sure I can find a use for the money I "saved"!! :gar-La;:gar-La;

Brian.

zapdafish

New User
Steve
I mailed him last Wed and got the same message about setting up an apptmnt for Monday. When I saw all the activity about it, I didn't bother calling to setup it up. I figured it would be a frenzy, hehe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS