Raffle Drawing in 4 Days

Jeremy Scuteri

Jeremy
The raffle drawing is in 4 days. We have over $10,000 in prizes waiting for good homes. $5 gives you a good shot at winning a great prize and is guaranteed support for NCWW.

Ticket sales so far:

Compete Prize List: https://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/index.php?threads/2019-ncww-raffle-official-prize-list.67079/
Tickets: https://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/index.php?ncww_raffletickets

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
Online sales end Friday night, 11:59PM! Tickets will be available Saturday at the picnic, cash or check only (find Ken there), no credit cards can be accepted after online sales end.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
1585 Tickets sold as of this morning. They are getting curlier and thus more likely to be drawn.

We are over $2000 short of our goal with only a short time to make it there.

Buy, buy, buy - Win, win, win - Support NCWW.

mdbuntyn

Matt
Staff member
Corporate Member
I finally tried to purchase some tickets last night (I know, I know), and my card was declined several times. I tried my backup card, and that one was declined also. I just got off the phone with my credit card company, and there are no restrictions currently on the card. I tried again for good measure, but the card was declined. I won't be attending the picnic, so buying tickets on Saturday isn't an option. Any ideas?

tri4sale

Daniel
Corporate Member
I finally tried to purchase some tickets last night (I know, I know), and my card was declined several times. I tried my backup card, and that one was declined also. I just got off the phone with my credit card company, and there are no restrictions currently on the card. I tried again for good measure, but the card was declined. I won't be attending the picnic, so buying tickets on Saturday isn't an option. Any ideas?

My card company was able to tell me why it was declined (issue w/ the 3 digit code) and was able to override it if I tried purchasing again. Call them on the phone and try to buy while on the phone, if declined ask them why and how to get around it.

mdbuntyn

Matt
Staff member
Corporate Member
My card company was able to tell me why it was declined (issue w/ the 3 digit code) and was able to override it if I tried purchasing again. Call them on the phone and try to buy while on the phone, if declined ask them why and how to get around it.
When I called my card company, I did try it while they were on the phone. It's an AVS decline, not CVV

bowman

Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
AVS is an address mismatch from what is entered on the website and where your cc has for your official address. They should be able to be more specific on the exact part that caused the decline.

mdbuntyn

Matt
Staff member
Corporate Member
AVS is an address mismatch from what is entered on the website and where your cc has for your official address. They should be able to be more specific on the exact part that caused the decline.
When I called, the rep couldn't see (or wouldn't give me) a specific reason that would have caused it. She punted & suggested that it may be problem with the platform here

Jeremy Scuteri

Jeremy
Matt,
We do not know of any problems with the processing at this point in time. There were issues early on that have been resolved. As Neal pointed out, AVS indicates an address mismatch (AVS = Address Verification System).

Is there *ANY* possibility that the address you entered doesn't match the address for the credit card that you are using?
Have you been at your current address for a long time? Using a business card of some sort that might have a different address? I assume you don't have a zip code that has a leading zero or anything like that since you are in NC.

Is there anything atypical about your address in general? Does it follow this format?

Stanley Cabinetmaker
123 Curly Cherry Street
Woodworkersville, NC 27123

mdbuntyn

Matt
Staff member
Corporate Member
Matt,
We do not know of any problems with the processing at this point in time. There were issues early on that have been resolved. As Neal pointed out, AVS indicates an address mismatch (AVS = Address Verification System).

Is there *ANY* possibility that the address you entered doesn't match the address for the credit card that you are using?
Have you been at your current address for a long time? Using a business card of some sort that might have a different address? I assume you don't have a zip code that has a leading zero or anything like that since you are in NC.

Is there anything atypical about your address in general? Does it follow this format?

Stanley Cabinetmaker
123 Curly Cherry Street
Woodworkersville, NC 27123
I've had the same billing address since I got the card & my company card is an AmEx. The only potential hiccup I could think of is my billing address being a PO Box. Last night I tried using just the box number (omitting the "PO Box"), but it still declined. I even tried using my physical address

Jeremy Scuteri

Jeremy
I've had the same billing address since I got the card & my company card is an AmEx. The only potential hiccup I could think of is my billing address being a PO Box. Last night I tried using just the box number (omitting the "PO Box"), but it still declined. I even tried using my physical address

Any chance that the company card is linked to a physical address (other than your home address) instead of the PO Box? I don't believe they will deliver to a PO Box. What address would you use for FedEx and UPS deliveries for the company? Is that the physical address that you tried?

Jeremy Scuteri

Jeremy
I also found this. I'm suspecting that the PO Box isn't the billing address for the card. (Of course I can't be 100% certain)

Can I Use a PO Box to Apply for a Credit Card?
A credit card company won't process your application if you provide a post office box instead of a physical address. However, some providers do allow you to change your account mailing address to a P.O. Box after you receive the card.

Card Laws
The restriction against processing a card application with a P.O. Box is based on federal law, according to Capital One. It is covered as part of the Patriot Act. While you can submit your application with a P.O. Box, the provider won't process it. You typically get a follow-up call or communication asking for a physical address. This process may delay your approval and card receipt by up to two weeks.

After Approval
After your account is approved and opened, you can contact the provider and change the mailing address on your account to a post office box. However, the company still keeps your physical address on file. The primary reason for the federal requirement of a physical address is to protect card applications and account holders from fraud. When you apply, your physical address and name are compared against government databases to ensure a match.

Source: https://www.sapling.com/4761486/can-box-apply-credit-card

mdbuntyn

Matt
Staff member
Corporate Member
Any chance that the company card is linked to a physical address (other than your home address) instead of the PO Box? I don't believe they will deliver to a PO Box. What address would you use for FedEx and UPS deliveries for the company? Is that the physical address that you tried?
I've had each of my personal cards for close to 15 years, and every bill has gone to my PO Box. There's simply an unknown issue between my cards and the payment platform.

Neal came up with a solution that I'll try to get done later today.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
I've had each of my personal cards for close to 15 years, and every bill has gone to my PO Box. There's simply an unknown issue between my cards and the payment platform.

Neal came up with a solution that I'll try to get done later today.
I saw your successful transaction go through today after several declined ones due to address validation. Your tickets have been issued and you should have gotten an email with the numbers assigned. Regardless, we have logged the tickets and will contact you via email if/when you are awarded one of the prizes. Thanks for you persistence in getting the issue resolved.

Jeremy Scuteri

Jeremy
I saw your successful transaction go through today

Matt, that is great news. Thank you for taking the time to follow up, I know this was probably way more of a pain in the butt than expected. NCWW thanks you for your support. Are you able to share what the issue was? That can make it easier for us to debug these kinds of issues in the future.

bowman

Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
Matt came to my place, gave me cash and I logged in as him and entered my credit card info for the tickets. We still need to see what the overall issue was with his card provider, but he in fact does have his tickets.

mdbuntyn

Matt
Staff member
Corporate Member
Matt came to my place, gave me cash and I logged in as him and entered my credit card info for the tickets. We still need to see what the overall issue was with his card provider, but he in fact does have his tickets.
Thanks, again, Neal

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS