Quick update

Status
Not open for further replies.

sawduster

New User
Robert
Still hangin' round , been reading but not posting much . As a few of you know , The Shoppe Widow has had a pretty rough go of it the last couple weeks . She somehow contracted a fairly wicked case of MRSA on her left side. Not knowing initially what it was, her medical treatment was a little delayed and she ended up having to have surgery to remove it which resulted in a hole in her side you could hide a golf ball in :eek:
It's been .....ummmm .... challenging to say the least but I am happy to report that she is doing quite well, healing nicely and can actually get off of the couch for brief periods of time :eusa_clap
All I can say is thank goodness for sick time at work !
For those of you who do not know , MRSA is a staph infection that is highly resistant to antibiotics and can have some nasty ( and sometimes fatal ) consequences. If you look it up online , don't look at the pictures! :eusa_naug :tongue2: :mrgreen:

Thanx everyone for being here :notworthy: It's been a nice diversion to have "family" to spend time with and listen to , even if I didn't have much time to talk back

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Bro thanks for posting this and letting us know how things are going - Know that both of you are in my prayers and please keep us posted -

steviegwood

New User
Steven
Hey Bro, Good to hear that she is doing better. Will keep you both in our prayers. Hang in there Brother and if you need anything just holla. Steve

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Praying for Debra and you. I bet you are a great care giver. :eusa_clap

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
I'm glad you posted this. I finally remembered to tell the wife about it!:embarrassed: hope Deborah is feeling better and gets well soon. she is going to get a visit soon!

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Robert, praying for everything to go well. Having had THREE in the last year (Nov., Dec., & Jan. ) I can attest that they are no fun. First one, the antibiotic they tried, upset my system some kind of terrible ( you don't want to know how!), and it wasn't doing anything for the MRSA. Second antibiotic worked on MRSA, but left me totally worn out for over a month. Second and third infections responded to antibiotics as planned. Because of these infections, I had to take myself off the blood donor list. I won't make my ten gallons. Until you have had to drain a MRSA infection, you haven't lived, as you well know. Been there, and don't want to do it again. Glad to hear that things are looking up. Bruce

Woodman2k

Greg Bender
Corporate Member
Robert,
glad to hear that the wife is doing better.Seems like these staff infections are getting more advanced everytime you hear about somebody getting one.Hope she is back to 100% real soon.
Greg

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
Robert,

I am glad to hear things are looking up. That is some nasty stuff. You have your priorities in order. :icon_thum

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Robert:

If you need anything from the store, e.g., food, let me know and I can run by for you while Debra is recuperating.

Glennbear

Glenn
MRSA is indeed nasty stuff, I used to teach preventive measures to college athletes. I am glad the Mrs. is on the mend and my thoughts and prayers are with you. :wsmile:

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Hey, Bro; Had not heard this. Been on a trip to Canada and then left again this weekend. Tell Debra we'll keep her in our prayers. That is some nasty stuff. Hope she continues to do well. Let me know if there's anything we can do for you guys.

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
Robert, it's good to hear that she in on the mend. Hang in there and I hope you can still be able to get to the OBX as soon as possible.

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Many prayers offered for her, you, and the medical people caring for her. MRSA is indeed one nasty ailment. We deal with MRSA patients from time to time, one chronically. A dear friend of ours is a nurse who contracted MRSA. Her recovery wasn't short enough to suit her, but was complete enough that she returned to work within a few months.

JohnW

New User
John
"On the Mend" is very good news indeed. A prayer of healing said for your wife.

Robert, the wonderful gift you made for my nephew's Special Forces unit will be given to him this weekend. (just posted an update) You are awesome so I know Debra must be double awesome.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I'm sorry to hear about this Robert. Please tell Debra we are praying for her complete recovery.

I'm sorry i didn't read this sooner, I've had a lot to occupy my mind the last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS